News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Set Up Product / Child Products - Paid help

Started by lesko, September 07, 2015, 03:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesko

Hello,
I in the need of some help (done for me) to set up one product with its child products. I only need one to be created I can then copy what has been done and go from there.
- I sell printing and coming from a Magento store im having a hard time getting my head around Virtuemart.

I need the following example done: The only thing that changes price is "quantity" of the "Sizes", these are also the only ones that have a weight and will effect the UPS shipping cost
4"x6" prices will be different than 5" x 7"

Product Name: Postcards

Child products---
- Color:
--4/0
--4/4

-Finish:
--UV Gloss Front Only
--UV Gloss Both Sides
--Matte Finish

-Paper Stock:
--16pt
--14pt

-Size:
--4"x6"
--5"x7"
--8"x10"

-Quantity:
--250 -- 2.5lbs
--500 -- 3.5lb
--1000 --6lb
--2500 -- 7lb
--5000 -- 8lb

-Proof
--No Proof Run As Is
--PDF Proof

-Ready To Ship In:
--2-4 Business days
--5-7 Business days

Thank you
Jeffrey

balai

Hi Jeffrey

If you want the weight to affect your shipping, you have to use the weight field found in the product form (Product Dimensions and Weight tab)
If your parent and the child products have pretty much the same weight, it's enough to set weight only to the parent product. Otherwise you have to do it for every child.

For creating stockable variations/child products:
I don't know if all the above attributes will be different for each of your child products.
If your child products have several different attributes, you can use the multi-variant custom field or the stockable custom fields plugin
https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/stockable-custom-fields
The second has a step by step tutorial on how to implement it