News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Bug for One Page Checkout

Started by wildcat_r, September 03, 2015, 23:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat_r

I set my cart to default protostar template and disabled all outside plugins, both widgetkit and parallax background so there is no conflict issue. Site address is test.aquapulsechemicals.com.
PHP Built On: Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux
PHP Version: 5.5.28
Web Server: Apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 3.4.3 Stable [ Ember ] 2-July-2015 16:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
VirtueMart 3.0.9

The error is that I have enabled guest checkout so that you do not have to register to make a purchase, however as soon as I enable one page checkout, the system requires that you register to checkout. What could be the issue? I'd love a fix. I did a search through the bug reports and didn't see anyone else with this issue. If there is can you help me find a fix?

Thanks!

jenkinhill

The issue is that a country input is being demanded by your UPS plugin, so that requires you to enter the account details so shipping can be calculated and the OPC page can appear. So either remove country requirement for the plugin or don't use VM OPC - which is not really OPC but is close.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wildcat_r

Well I do want only people in the US or Canada to be able to purchase without having to call in. Can I still have that functionality without users having to register? They would have to put that in anyway to get their shipment?

wildcat_r

Quote from: jenkinhill on September 04, 2015, 00:55:08 AM
The issue is that a country input is being demanded by your UPS plugin, so that requires you to enter the account details so shipping can be calculated and the OPC page can appear. So either remove country requirement for the plugin or don't use VM OPC - which is not really OPC but is close.
I Looked over this problem and used my username for testing. I have created a Registered user: demo, ps. demo. so you can try it as well. The fake address is a real one so you should be able to see that even when the address is filled out you cannot buy without being registered and I have guest checkout enabled. What is wrong? And I really want to use the OPC. Users understand that better since they can see all checkout details on one page. It's also easier to pick the shipment method.

wildcat_r

I disabled the country restriction on the UPS plugin, One Page Checkout is still enabled, and I have "on checkout ask for reservation" enabled, "only registered users can check out" is not selected. Why is it forcing all users to register to checkout. I really think this is a bug and need some help to fix it. Is there anyone out there with OPC enabled that works without forcing registration first?
Please let me know. I'll keep trying but I don't know what I'm looking for.

EDIT: More testing later...There is a way around the forcing to register, but it is weird. It has to do with when you arrive at the shopping cart.
If the customer goes to the cart before adding any products they can enter an address without registering. Then they can add all products to the cart, update as necessary and have a good experience.
However, if the customer adds a product to the cart without adding an address first, the cart refuses to allow guest checkout. The customer is forced to create an account just to see the cart at all.

I really don't like this work around, what can be done to fix this?

GJC Web Design

What u describe does NOT happen on any of the sites I have built... 

if registration is optional then it doesn't matter how they arrive at the cart.. it is optional with 3 buttons

register, Guest or cancel

you can try a clean J3.4.3/VM3.0.9.4 here:  http://test.gjcwebdesign.com/joomla336
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wildcat_r

Well I found the headache in my system finally. I disabled the UPS shipment method by un-publishing it. Enabled the Virtuemart plugin for shipment and it allows the user to register or checkout as guest with no problem. I will be contacting the plugin maker. Thanks GJC for letting me look at your site. I knew it had to be something. I will post the fix here after contacting the UPS plugin maker.

GJC Web Design

Just for info which UPS plugin are you using?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wildcat_r

This one from the Official VM Extensions page: http://extensions.virtuemart.net/shipments/ups-detail
I guess it got through without noticing the error on the OPCheckout.
I wrote the plugin maker so hopefully all will be well soon.

alatak

Hello
There is a parameter in the UPS plugin: Redirect if no ZIP. If you set it to No, then the plugin will not redirect you to the account page

wildcat_r

Yes! Thank you all so much! That was selected automatically. So thankful!
I so love Virtuemart.