News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Choose a product, upload files for it, get the product delivered, then pay

Started by New-bie, September 01, 2015, 23:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-bie

Hi,

I'm trying to create a webshop/website where people can buy a service, rather then a product. In the end - basically - they do get a product after all, so it's pretty much the same and two in one.

The idea:

1. My VirtueMart is filled with services/products: videos they can choose from. Templates, if you will.
2. When they see a template they like, they have to send me a bunch of files (data). These files can be uploaded through a file transfer service such as WeTransfer or preferably: an upload form in VirtueMart?
3. I'm producing the product and send them a downloadlink

Couple of questions:

1. When to let customers pay?
I'm still figuring out at what point I should let them pay. After they select a template and send me their files or after I deliver them the product. I turned off forced registration, so people can also buy products as a guest (every step has to be as easy as possible). Chances are people won't pay me after they get their product delivered (downloadlink in their email), but on the other hand, paying up front isn't great also.

Right now I'm building a test version (my VirtueMart runs like any others): a couple of product-pages on which a still is shown of every template/video that's gonna be offered. If you click the 'add to cart' button, I can actually buy the product (in my test-case: through PayPal). I was thinking about using the order number (being sent to a customers email after they payed), to let them contact me with their files and the 'proof' that they actually payed. After that I can start the production and send them their products.

But again, that's what I had in mind right now.

3. Does anyone have some tips / an idea on how I should proceed? What would you do? I do like the idea of a complete VirtueMart-based website without having to use other upload-pages and stuff.

Thanks!

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation