News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order Editing in Backend db entries not complete

Started by Joomilette, September 01, 2015, 18:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joomilette

Hi,

just found out that after changing an order in Backend on item level (i.e. quantity) the calculation is working fine, but the DB entries are not complete updated.
In _virtuemart_orders  the field order_billTaxAmount shows the new correct tax but the field oder_billTax still has old values. We need to have this field updated as well for a correct invoice.

With a changed quantity there also should be a chance to do a new weight calculation and  to change shipping costs as long as there is no invoice created.

Is there a quick fix available on that?

Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 3.0.9.6

Thank you for your help!
Joomilette

michael.hermary

Has anyone developed an order edit capability for VM3. I had an unexpected surprise today in trying to update an order for the correct product.  This is an infrequent but important ability for us.

Thanks,
Michael

Joomla! 2.5.28
VirtueMart 3.0.9.4

thePHPfactory

Hi guys

I tried to edit the Products of an order in VM 3.0.14 and there are some major problems with the admin edit form:

• There is no way to delete a product
  • Editing a product is very weird - i can write anything in the product name, but i am not sure how to really pick another product from the database
  • Adding a new product generates a copy of the last product in the order
  • Saving the form with a new added product does in fact replace the last product with whatever you added as "new"

Basically the edit products part of the admin form is not usable

Thanks
http://thephpfactory.com
Home of Auctions Factory, Love Factory and many other Joomla! Extensions

Jörgen

Hello

I agree that it is cumbersome.

1. I have not found any way to delete a product row.
2. I don´t know how to change an item, to another product, does not seem to be possible.

Regarding adding a new row I do like this.

1. Add a new row.
2. Click on save.
3 Click on edit
Now You have a new item with a blank ID, this is the product id, not SKU, look it up on the product page for the item You want to add.
4. Set the correct Item ID.
5. blank out SKU and item name, edit the prices
6 finally click save

If You are using coupons You have to edit the totals for the order with PhpMyadmin, because it does not get recalculated.
I agree, this is not very user friendly as it works right now.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

AH

Editing an order in VM 3.x admin could do with some work to improve the UX and functionality.

You may hear people telling you that you should not edit an order once placed and that "it is illegal" etc

I wonder how many people actually need to edit orders, I for one, need to do these following activities post order creation:

1.  Add new lines - customer has forgotten to put these on an order for which they still have to pay
2. Adjust lines - Customer ordered size x,  wanted size y :  ordered 5 quantity, wanted 4
3. Remove lines - Customer did not want this item in a list of items in the order
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

Hello AH

I have the same things that I do or have done for customers post order, that AH points out, including.

1. Adding customer discount
2. Changing payment method (this is not more possible)
3. Changing shipping method (this is not more possible)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.