Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Choose a Variant" text not first - generic child dropdown

Started by dsrpmedia, August 31, 2015, 19:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrpmedia

Hi

I`m using joomla 3.4.3, Virtuemat 3.0.9

I was having this issue on my site & thought maybe it was template related - but I did a clean install of joomla + virtuemart using only the default template & am getting the same behavior.

what is happening is
I am adding child products via the generic child variant.
On the parent page the dropdown with the children has in it`s list - at #1 'Choose a Variant' - as it should be
HOWEVER the actual dropdown is not showing 'Choose a Variant' for the default text when the page loads, but rather the name of the last child in the ordering - although this child is not loading until re-selected in the dropdown.

I haven `t had this issue before, must be something new - any suggestions on fixing this would be greatly appreciated

you can see a sample page here http://rskj3vm3.fyica.com/online-store/hoodies-detail

Studio 42

Hi,
You have the "men" category, not published(if i'm right). Try to publish it, i have a "404" at the place of the category, in the URL when i checked.
Perhaps, the problem comes from here.

dsrpmedia

thnx for the try - I published the category, the 404 is gone - but the behavior remains - this is also happening on the live site I first noticed the issue on, and all categories there are published as well

dsrpmedia

turns out it was the 'catpro content' plugin causing this behavior