Virtuemart 3.0.9 Multilingual caching only one language name and attributes

Started by mhshakouri, August 27, 2015, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhshakouri

Hi every one, I'm using latest VM and Joomla release, always keeping things up to date,
I'm developing a website with shop functions using VM, the site is having 2 languages, english and persian.
all the processes of a multilingual joomla installation + VM is done correctly, everything is fine, but when I choose to display product categories on the Front page, it only displays the english language as default (even the persian Front Page menu assigned in joomla menu).

I've noticed this code in components/virtuemart/router.php
the code is

public function getCategoryRoute($virtuemart_category_id){

$cache = JFactory::getCache('_virtuemart','');
$key = $virtuemart_category_id. VmConfig::$vmlang ; // internal cache key
if (!($CategoryRoute = $cache->get($key))) {
$CategoryRoute = $this->getCategoryRouteNocache($virtuemart_category_id);
$cache->store($CategoryRoute, $key);
}
return $CategoryRoute ;
}

and I checked in to /cache/ folder, checking the values stored in cache files shows that there's only english names and attributes saved in cache, even switching languages wont help.
I've stored all values, using TinyMCE editor. hmm, I tried to navigate to categories by urls, by assigning different sef alias names for them, it does show the categories pages with some bugs, like sometimes returning to the front page, but after a few tries it shows persian equivelant on the front page but with a single click on any item they fade away and the front page refreshes with english values.

also the cache files change having different values between persian and english language during this process.

I'm hoping to find out where the bug is as I see so many people suffering from this issue.

would it better to change the code to not cache the category name and url and other attributes by default?

mhshakouri

Updating to Latest VM 3.0.9.6 and also removing VP OnePage Checkout seems to have fixed my issue, I'll update status on either one.

VP OnePage Checkout seems to have made all the troubles,

So my advice for all out there having trouble with multi lingual virtuemart installation try disabling 3rd party plugins and looking for fixes out there.