bug - modifier prices without VAT for the entire order

Started by roman5527, August 19, 2015, 21:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roman5527

hi , i have problem with discount - modifier prices without VAT for the entire order.

discount is set how : modifier prices without VAT for the entire order but vm calculated discount from prices with vat.

i have joomla 3.4.3 and vm 3.0.9.4

example from invoice:
base price: € 131,76
VAT (20%): € 26,35
Discount 3%: - € 4,74   --------- it´s bad , good discount is 3,95€ .

Can you help me ?

thanks

roman5527

Hi, I need help with this problem. will not find one here who would like to help them know? Thank you

roman5527

Good day. I need advice from someone competent.

Why the discount is calculated from the price when the tax is to be calculated from prices without taxes? Thank you

Studio 42

Hi,
I had myself bugs on calculation rules and hacked core for customers.
I don't know you're setting, but sometime the "filters" do not work and you have bad results(eg. when you have a rules without country, is applied in all countries)
The only way i can help you, is that you contact me, because i need work on your server to fix it.

Best regards,
Patrick
P.S: i hate changing VM code, i prefere wait for update, but in my case this was blocking anonymous prices with tax(an anonymous get only country set when in cart and no country is set as default in VM2 or 3).

roman5527

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 31, 2015, 16:54:25 PM
Hi,
I had myself bugs on calculation rules and hacked core for customers.
I don't know you're setting, but sometime the "filters" do not work and you have bad results(eg. when you have a rules without country, is applied in all countries)
The only way i can help you, is that you contact me, because i need work on your server to fix it.

Best regards,
Patrick
P.S: i hate changing VM code, i prefere wait for update, but in my case this was blocking anonymous prices with tax(an anonymous get only country set when in cart and no country is set as default in VM2 or 3).

Thanks . I send you privat message.

roman5527

Hi , I though that none of you wants to help, you know tell me where we find the code rule calculations? Thanks

Studio 42

Sorry roman, but i don't know how much time i need to fix it.
I cannot do it for free, because i need to do some test because it's not exactly same problem as me and this need perhaps 1 hour.
I hope you understand,
Patrick

roman5527

K&K media production

You are using a taxbill rule or vattax per product?

Is the discount rule a rule before tax or after tax?

roman5527

Hi, for product i using vattax

and discount is DBTaxBill - before tax

Where is problem ? thanks

K&K media production

With VatTax and DBTaxBill rules the VatTax subtotal is reduced with the taxamount of the DBTaxBill rule. This is the logic way.

So a subtotal with tax of 110 (net 100 + 10 if you have 10% tax) and an DBTaxBill of 10% will results in an total of 99 incl. tax (net 90 + 9 tax if you have 10% tax).

This is the same like 100 without tax - 10% discount + 10% tax (100-10 = 90, 90 x 1,1 = 99).

Maybe you should use TaxBill and not VatTax.

Studio 42

Do you haven't checked all discount type?
Check first . But  it's not the first time, i have problem with VAT and discount(especially with multiple rules).

Milbo

but sometime the "filters" do not work
They work always

and you have bad results(eg. when you have a rules without country, is applied in all countries)
No it is the intended result and following http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/209-general.html If we would have write it the opposite way, you would have to enter all countries if it should work for all countries.

but in my case this was blocking anonymous prices with tax(an anonymous get only country set when in cart and no country is set as default in VM2 or 3).

First you can set a default country, just set the id of the country to the default field.
Second you can use http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vm-orders/vm-localise-detail so that even guests have directly the correct country.
Third you can use our MOSS for european taxes http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vm-orders/moss-tax-plugin-detail
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Hi max,
Add a plugin only for this?
Why you cannot set default country to main vendor as default in VM?
I had the problem for 3 sites, because EU taxes. and splitting eu and rest of world.
And when you go in cart and return to shop, the Country is set( in OPC.)
With the new law, you cannot set cookies in EU site, then it's where so simple to use vendor country as default user country(or a setting in the config)
And checking for IP is only right when you don't use a proxy (proxy  are used by some mobile compagny as default in 3G/4G now).
QuoteQuote from: Studio 42 on August 31, 2015, 16:54:25 pm

but sometime the "filters" do not work

They work always
And sorry when you use 2 taxes(eu+rest fo world), you have bad result if you need to force another tax in a product(this is added with the other taxes)

Check simply the forum, some advise i have see . to first add the tax then remove it with another rule !

Greets,
Patrick