News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related products in custom fields not available

Started by kratzi, February 15, 2016, 20:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kratzi

Hi I am using VM 3.0.12 and J3.4.8

When i create a new (second) custom field for "related products" it is not shown in the backend under Product -> (Edit) -> Custom Field -> Custom Field type. So basically if you create multiple realted products you can not define these. I could see in other posts that this issue is available for other users also so it would be great to have a fix for this.

Regards

PRO

this is true,

you CAN add multiple products to the same related product field though

kratzi

Hm thats too bad. It would have been a nice solution for the following. I of course already use the default related products possibility. However adding a second related product with another position in productdetails would make it possible f.e. to say that there is a "newer product" available.

So in case you have lets say an Iphone 5 as a product you could inform the customer below the buy button that there is also a newer version (I phone 6) available as the plugin already comes with the possibility to show prices and images of the related product.

Maybe a nice idea for the future then. 

PRO

you could use the product module for products from the same category

then, related products for the iphone upgrade

Milbo

It is not a fix, it is a new feature. in vm2, we organised the relative products also as customfields, but did not show them. It is shown now, because it is planned to remove the extra gui for relative products, categories complety. But it is not done within 1-2 hours
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member