News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Virtuemart Front Page" displays for manufacturer pages

Started by helsinkisisu, August 18, 2015, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helsinkisisu

I'm on VM 3.0.9 and have a VM front page menu setup. The correct page title appears for every shop page except for /virtuemart-front-page/manufacturer and any sub-pages. I have search everywhere for how to change this, but can't find anything.

The correct name is in the 'Custom Page Title' of the Vendor section and on the component menu.

See here: https://korut.versatile.fi/virtuemart-front-page/manufacturer

Studio 42

Sorry, i don't have understand, if you use https://korut.versatile.fi/virtuemart-front-page/manufacturer, then you have all manufacturer but are in front page. And the title is the shop title.
Perhaps you don't have set a menu to virtuemart front page?
Another solution is to overide languae : COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE
go to YOURISTE//administrator/index.php?option=com_languages&view=overrides
click NEW
Language Constant * COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE
Text your desired text

helsinkisisu

Sorry, maybe I explained badly. It's the browser page title. See attachment.

I have already created language overrides.

Studio 42

YOu have do an override for COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE ?
Because in my vm language file i have :
COM_VIRTUEMART_VIRTUEMART_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE="VirtueMart Front page"
And this is same as in your screenshot and i dont have any other "VirtueMart Front page" in other files.

helsinkisisu

Yes, I have an override for that constant for both Finnish and English. English isn't used on the front-end (Both in Joomla and in VM), which makes it even more strange that it displays in English. Finnish is the default language, it's forced in the Language Filter, and is displaying according to the URL.

This only happens for .../virtuemart-front-page/manufacturer/ pages. No other .../virtuemart-front-page/ pages.

Interestingly, it's not just this site. A web search pulled up other sites...

http://www.g66.eu/virtuemart-front-page/manufacturer/
http://demo1.vmuikit.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=3&Itemid=131

Studio 42

Hi,
Check this file:
YOURSITE\components\com_virtuemart\views\category\view.html.php

after public function setTitleByJMenu
search for :
$title = 'VirtueMart Category View';
I have not same as you, but in all case this is bad.
Try to change to:
$title =vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_DEFAULT_CATEGORY_TITLE');

Add this key to your overrides.

helsinkisisu

That code is in the VM3.0.6 version of that file (I just checked the install zip).

I've updated it, cleared cache, but it still remains unchanged.  :(

Studio 42

helsinkisisu

The menu item has a specified name in Page Display. Besides, if this was the problem, wouldn't it also affect every VM page, not just the manufacturer pages?

Studio 42

The title is conditional, and fallback to Joomla menu if title is empty.
I cannot give you more answer without  check all your codes and settings.
Sorry but this is a forum and i do not do this work for free.
Perhaps someone other will and have time to check all your code and settings.

regards,
Patirck

helsinkisisu

No problem. I appreciate your suggestions and will keep trying to find what's causing it.

helsinkisisu

I always update threads if I find solutions. So...

Finally got to the bottom of it. The site was originally setup with the VM Front Page as a hidden menu item, but was later changed during dev. This menu, of course, was called 'Virtuemart Front Page' and had the alias 'virtuemart-front-page'. It would appear that redirects were automatically created pointing to the old hidden menu item (which hadn't been unpublished or removed). Removing the redirects and clearing cache finally sorted the problem. Hooray.   >:(  ???  ::)  ;D