News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shop Panel non responsive

Started by TechitEasy, August 17, 2015, 01:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechitEasy

Hi guys, whenever I go to the shop panel on the left I cannot save or save and close in Joomla 3.

I am using a template (GavickPro InStyle), every other tab on the left works (configuration etc) it's just the shop one, where I can set default currency and change logo, don't seem to respond at all.
I have no warnings and have installed all additional components.

https://imgur.com/q29A8dr

Any ideas?

Database updates on.

TechitEasy

Update: Today I've noticed the first attempt at saving it causes a "vmError: Save failed with the following error: Username in use." error - I have posted on my template solution and they mentioned they don't edit core VM3 files and as such can't help.

Anyone have a solution please?

Thanks

TechitEasy

Sorry for triple reply, I don't mean to be rude.

I've just had a thought, is there a way I can edit the files without using the GUI? If so I can just edit the files directly as this is one of the last parts (Custom fields aren't selectable and don't add to price as well but I plan to just buy an extension :/) i have to fix for deadline which is fast approaching :(

Thanks.

Studio 42

Hi,
Checl your javascript console errors(f12 most of case).

But for your problem, you can change the settings on using front-end acces to the virtuemart user view.

For template problem, try to disable the system GavickPro  framework plugin. Sometime framework add unwanted filters or javascript bloking extentions.

TechitEasy

Quote from: Studio 42 on August 17, 2015, 14:40:44 PM
Hi,
Checl your javascript console errors(f12 most of case).

But for your problem, you can change the settings on using front-end acces to the virtuemart user view.

For template problem, try to disable the system GavickPro  framework plugin. Sometime framework add unwanted filters or javascript bloking extentions.

Thanks a lot for your reply Studio.
I have checked console errors and I have this one twice;
"Uncaught TypeError: h.startState is not a function"
Regarding the framework plugin, I see no System - Gavick or anything Gavick related other than a menu in my plugin manager?

The other disturbing issue is that on my custom filters I can't set a price to add? Is this not possible in VM? I have three custom parameters that I wish to affect price and it is essential to the e-com solution my client needs, any ideas or thoughts on this one? Once I set a filter (no price option) I can then add it on my product, but then on my product it is not selectable or anything, perhaps I misunderstand the feature? I can provide screenshots or admin login if you have time, getting stumped by these last few hurdles :(

Thanks again.

(Edit: And regarding front end access, I just logged in and have the option to edit products, but nothing on the shop page that I can see? The back end GUI is having problems as described^)

Studio 42

Try to send your bug to Gavick, perhaps it's a javascript issu.
I checked to find startState. This is only in codemirror editor. I don't think you use codemirror?
To be sure unpublish codemirror editor, if it's published before sending the message to gavick.

TechitEasy

No matter the way I try it I get this error first time:

vmError: Save failed with the following error: Username in use.

I changed to all editors no luck, Gavick can't help I already posted, said it is issue with VM as they don't touch your engine only style it.

Any ideas? Really stumped here and my client is pissed at me :(

TechitEasy

Remember I can't also add custom fields with prices only without prices and they aren't selectable, could be linked?

I don't know, but I've reinstalled all key components and reset data multiple times with no luck.

Studio 42

You have check with default admin template?
Perhaps your vendor has not the good rights?
Change vendor as superuser, if it's not the case, to check if it's solve the problem.
Try to edit the user in Joomla. Perhaps it's a joomla bug.
GO to this page YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=database and click Fix. Joomla shoud correct the database if you have an error.

TechitEasy

Thank you Studio, will try those now.

Appreciate any and all help :)

flickdurham

Hi, I have had a the same issues, but I haven't really got a solid understanding on PHP and some of the super techy sounding advice that was given.
I did make sure my editor is CodeMirror, and I also fixed the database with the link provided. These have not affected my shop config.
I have a vendor chosen, I have the green tick next to the name. I have entered the User ID as the vendor...
I cannot update the default currency. If I try and save the currency only, the error shows to fill in all customer details. So i do that, and nothing happens when clicking on the button.
I really hope someone can help me with this. I have been going around in circles for 3 days :-/

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Jenkinhill you are sometimes rude, but right.

and I also suggest to use the RC, it is really long tested http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/961/com_virtuemart.3.0.9.10_extract_first.zip
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jenkinhill

I'd apply the same comment to you, Max...... ;-)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum