News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal: email confirmations are not sent

Started by helln, August 14, 2015, 16:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helln

Hey!

Not a single email confirmation is sent to the vendor/shop owner, if a order is placed with PayPal as payment method selected. We have "Sofortüberweisung" as standard payment method and setted up the shop to send confirmation on every order status change (see attachment) and everything works perfect. Just the PayPal plugin is not working on that point. Not even a confirmation email, when the payment has been completed.
I've searched your forum and on google for an answer, but the posts has been unanswered or they are really old and don't solve the problem for me.
Help would be very appreciated.  :)

VM: v3.0.8
Joomla: v3.4.3

Thanks
Nik

jjk

You can remove the 'Pending' in 'Default Order Status to send email to vendor. If your PayPal  account settings are correct it should work. You may check if your vendor email is identical with the primary email address in your PayPal account settings.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

helln

Quote from: jjk on August 15, 2015, 22:02:53 PM
You can remove the 'Pending' in 'Default Order Status to send email to vendor. If your PayPal  account settings are correct it should work. You may check if your vendor email is identical with the primary email address in your PayPal account settings.

Thanks for your reply, jjk.
I removed the "Pending" notification in "Default Order Status to send email to vendor", for debugging, but we actually need this notification email, since it's a requirement by our customer/shop owner.
No changes.  :(
I double checked the email addresses in the shop owners PayPal account and the VM back end. Everything works fine, and they must be correct, since payment is working with PayPal. VM gets a reply from PayPal, sets the order to "Confirmed" as soon as the transaction is finished and the customer gets returned to the "thanks page" on our homepage.
Another interesting thing is, that if i change the email in the payment plugin (VM back end -> Shop -> Payment Methods -> PayPal -> Config -> Merchant e-mail), i do get a notification about the failed transaction cause of the incorrect PayPal settings, with the name of the error log.

Any other ideas?
Thanks
Nik

helln

Yay, i found a partial solution.
If i change the settings in VM back end -> Shop -> Payment Methods -> PayPal -> Config, like shown in the attachment, we get at least confirmations of the completed transactions. I don't think we should use "Confirmed by shopper" on those settings. Isn't this status meant to be set by the shopper/customer, in the front end?
Still "Pending" transactions are ignored.
Any suggestions on this problem?

Thanks
Nik