News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Sub categories not showing.

Started by Adahl, August 13, 2015, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adahl

Hello all.

I have an issue where I am able to put up main categories with photo, showing as user friendly category with photo to click for ease of use on phones and tablets.  But my sub categories do not show, even with products in them.

I am not sure what to do next on this issue.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Adahl

It is joomla 3.4.3 and virtuemart 3.0.9 PHP version 5.3.29.

Hope someone can explain this issue for me.

Amy Green

On my shop page, I have category images showing. When you click a category, you see the subcategory images.

For example, I have a category "Bakery" and inside are 3 subcategories. However, the site only shows two of them. Inside the third, there are products that are all in stock and published. But when on Bakery shop page, the subcategory does not show!

What's happening?

I think this also has to do with another issue: I have the amount of products inside a category showing beside the category name. For a lot of categories, the number is incorrect. For example I have over 20 products inside my Alcoholic Drinks category, but it says there's only 1 inside.... Strange!
Amy from custom essay

jenkinhill

@Adahl you do not provide a URL. Are you using a commercial template with overrides or default VirtueMart templates.

@Amy Green it is really a waste of time posting if you do not provide J/VM versions, URL etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

en jie rudd

Hello

Has any one got an answer for this?

I am using: Joomla 3.4.5; VM 3.0.10; VP merchant template (for J3 VM3)

I can create subcategories, but could not get them to display on the parent category page at all.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

best regards

En Jie

jenkinhill

Possibly you have not set Configuration/Templates/Shopfront Settings/Show Children Category

You should update to VM3.0.12 - check on a copy of your live site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK