News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Image Meta Tags

Started by favdes, August 11, 2015, 17:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

favdes

Hello everyone,

Probably a very simple one but I'm struggling with this. I'm trying to change the meta tag information of the product pictures in VM. I can only access the information for the main image, not the others.

I'm currently going to VM | Products | select product | 'Product Images' tab

Many thanks

James

noyadesigns

I have a similar question. I'd like to setup ALT tags and customize them for product images as well. Does anyone have a solution for this please?

PRO

have you thought about going to shop/media manager  ?

favdes

Hi Pro,

I didn't realise that was there. I've just taken a look but this isn't that useful as it does not list the product name anywhere. With a large shop, it's not easy to identify which pictures belong to which products.

Kind regards

James

Jörgen

Hello

If You look at the picture via the product picture view in products, You will see which pictures belongs to the product. There You can alter the same data as in the media manager.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

favdes

Hi Jorgan,

Yes but unfortunately that only works for the main image of that the product is using. We have some products with multiple pictures and it's those ones (the second, third, fourth etc.) pictures that we cannot edit.

Kind regards

James

Jörgen

Hello James

Can´t You access those images under Product Images?
I can´t actually see any difference, except that the first image to be displayed is the left most image. In my back end all the images have the same accessible data. Anything I can edit for the first image is editable for all the others. See added image. Are You adding extra images in some other way, some third party extension perhaps?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

PRO

Jörgen

Hello Pro

I assumed that James had aready tried this. But You could be right, that might be just the thing missing for him to do:)

Regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

favdes

Hi guys,

Pro, you are right. I had been clicking on the edit button for the image but for some reason (which I'll need to look into) there is a time lapse between me clicking on the edit button and the new image information loading. Therefore I clicked on it before and nothing changed, so I assumed that that was not the way to do it. My mistake, I should be more patient!  :)

Thank you all for your help. Sorry to have wasted your time. Now I just need to sort out what's causing it to run this slow!

Thanks again

James