News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to set a discounted price based on the date range?

Started by koaconsulting, August 07, 2015, 23:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koaconsulting

FYI: We're using Joomla 3.4 and VM 3.0.9.

We're trying to get VM to display certain products with a discounted price but only with a specified date range.  If the date is not within that range the NORMAL price should be displayed.  I've tried using the "Override" option which does display the discounted price on a specific date range, but if the date is NOT within that range then no price is displayed at all.

Looking through the user interface it seems like this might be possible so I tried to setup multiple "product price" sets (one with a date range specified and the discounted price and the other without dates set) but it doesn't work.  Is this possible?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See the attached screenshot which shows how the front-end display should work, and which does work but not with the date range as outlined above.

Thanks!
KOA Consulting is dedicated to providing high quality, professional website design, development, graphic design, Internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and a variety of cutting edge web technologies to our ever-growing client-base. Our long list of satisfied clients extends across the globe.

We specialize in working with the Joomla Content Management System and custom integration of Virtuemart as well. 

Please contact us for all of your custom web design and development needs: www.koaconsulting.com

Studio 42

I think, you need to set 2 prices, i discounted with your date range and the other with no data range.
You have to check for priority(try discounted price first and after main price)

koaconsulting

Actually I tried that but it didn't work... NO price was displayed at all.  What I did end up doing that did work... was to create a price "Override" and set a date range and then create a second price with a date range that started the day after the first price ended.  The down-side is that it's a lot of extra data-entry when clearly your suggestion SHOULD work and would save a lot of extra work.  Maybe/hopefully they can make your suggestion work in the near future and that would save us some work.

Thanks for the reply!
KOA Consulting is dedicated to providing high quality, professional website design, development, graphic design, Internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and a variety of cutting edge web technologies to our ever-growing client-base. Our long list of satisfied clients extends across the globe.

We specialize in working with the Joomla Content Management System and custom integration of Virtuemart as well. 

Please contact us for all of your custom web design and development needs: www.koaconsulting.com

Studio 42