It works like some category is nested in another category but it is not

Started by borro, August 07, 2015, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borro

Hello.

Some time ago I was using VM 2.6.6, and there was a problem with some urls of my site. Now I made an update to VirtueMart 3.0.9 and the prolem is still there
I have a working urls like
sitename.com/category1/category2

But in the VM category manager category2 is not child of a category1.

To have SEF links I have the auxiliary unpiblished menu with menu items of VM category type for the category1 and category2. But even there menu item for category2 have the same nesting level as the one for the category1, that is menu item of category2 is not a child one of menu item for category1

What can it be?
Wish you happiness!

borro

Here is an example of such strange url It looks like there is some mistake in breadcrumb's urls also.
Did anyone meet this situation or its solution at this forum?
Wish you happiness!

borro

While debugging I've found that the first part (/breloki/) of incorrect url is considered as the reference to the menu item having such alias. And the rest part of link (/zhivotnye) is considered as VM category alias of a category which have to be displayed at this url...
Then I made the experiment and changed my menu item alias and the bad link have gone away. But a new bad link like site.com/new-menu-alias/zhivotnye was created

So one way to solve this problem is to delete menu items which creates SEF urls like site.com/category-alias/any-product-detail by their aliases like 'category-alias'. Is there any way to build SEF links like site.com/category_alias/product-detail without some thirdparty extensions or with free extension BUT not with menu items of a 'VM category' type which i'm using now?

May be there is a second way to change situation. May be i have to change the router algorithm, I'm not sure.

Give me advice, please
Wish you happiness!

PRO