News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Overrided price not changing when product variant is added

Started by padalec, July 31, 2015, 13:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padalec

I have a product with Overrided price and set price to override final.

The problem:

I also have a custom field with a product addon wich costs 10 €.

When user chooses this product addon the extra 10 € is not added to price in OVERRIDE FIELD.

Example:

Cost price: 100 €
Final price : 120 €
Override:     80 €

When user selects addon for 10 €, I need to display final price 80 € + 10 € = 90 €

Instead price is always 80 €

Is this supposed to wor this way or it is a bug.

Best regards

VirtueMart 3.0.9.4
Joomla! 3.4.3

balai

Override price never change. That's the meaning of it

padalec

Thank you for quick reply.

Well it seems I thinking in another way ...

Is there a way to Override only the products prices (summing product variants - defiined in custom fields).

Can you point me in the right direction?

Best regards.

balai

Why you need to override the price if you want it to be affected by the variants?

padalec

Using price overrides I show the crossed price in frontend and the new price in a fency way (with some  css).

It is only to promote the product in frontend - which has a discounted price.

As far as I know this is the only way to show discounted products - or I am wrong?

Best regards

padalec

OK - I just discovered that I can define various discounts in VM -> PRODUCTS -> Tax & Calculation Rule Details

Then I need to apply those rules in FINAL PRICE field. In this way I can display prices with product variants corectly

I didn't use the override price function in the proper way!

Am I on the right track?

AH

What are you trying to achieve with the price override

You should not really use this unless you want to make the price that amount regardless of anything else

With respect to "discounts" - yes this is a way to modify the base price of an item whilst still being able to apply the fixed variant amount

But we really need to know what you are wanting to achieve as this might get you a better answer
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0