News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product with variant not added to cart

Started by mmmcneill, July 31, 2015, 01:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmcneill

Hi all! I'm working with VM 3.0.9.  I am using the "use joomla default" setting for the templates configuration in VM, as I want my clients shopping experience to be seamless (i.e. always look like my website).  I am using a template called Rawk for the website by Siteground (I believe - been awhile since I installed it).   Everything works as expected when adding products to the cart, as well as through the checkout process... UNTIL I add a variant to a product.  As soon as I add the variant, the product is no longer added to the cart.   Products without variants add to cart.  Products with variants do not add to cart.  If I switch the template configuration from "use joomla default" to ANY of the default template settings (Atomic, Beez2, Beez5), the products with variants are added to the cart.  If I switch back to "use joomla default" or ANY of the non-default templates listed, the variant products are no longer added to the cart.  Once I add a variant to the product, it will no longer add to cart - even if I remove the variant.  I have to delete the product and recreate with no variant in order to get it to add to the cart.  I have spent an entire day searching for solutions and have found nothing in the forum or through search engines.  I would very sincerely appreciate your help!  One last piece of info...  I am running Joomla 2.5.24.