News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Customfield type to show the product packaging

Started by borro, July 29, 2015, 16:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borro

Hello.

Please give me advise which customefield type should I use to show the product package in a product card accompanying to a single product? I have a separate category with packages which stored as a products in Virtuemart. Do I need to use "Related products" custom field type for this purpose?
Wish you happiness!

PRO

balai

borro

Here is what I mean(see the attachment)

Image of product packaging is a link that leads to another product detail page with the description for some assigned packaging
I'm trying now to tune custom filed of a Realted product type but I can't select it in a product card to assign some packaging. I think I do something wrong. Is there any manual for this customfield type?
VM 3.0.9
Wish you happiness!

borro

It must look and work like the related product customfield but must stay at a distinct line in a product description in a frontend. I was tried to assign a new created custom field of "related products" type but it cann't be selected in a product card while its editing. Why is it so, is it a bug? VM 3.0.9
Wish you happiness!

borro

Wish you happiness!

PRO

i still dont know what you mean?

so they add packaging to the cart? They have to pay for packaging? Like boxes etc?

OR: products come in bundle packages?

borro

Quote from: PRO on March 17, 2016, 16:37:54 PM
so they add packaging to the cart? They have to pay for packaging? Like boxes etc?
OR: products come in bundle packages?
Hello.
I only need to show the product default package at product detail page. I don't need any bundles. The product package must be showed as a picture. If you click this pictur you have to see package product detail page. I mean that all my packages are entered as vm products. So I'm looking for some functionality to assign such packages to a product while its editing at backend. Related products functionality is very good for this purpose. But i need it to show related products, not packages. I was trying to create customfield with type of related products, but there is no way to assign such customfield in a product card, I even can not see itin a list of all created customfields.
So please suggest any good solution for described task
Wish you happiness!

PRO

I am sorry, i dont know of an easy way to do this

Ghost

A simple custom field plugin where you enter product ID and display that product would work.

PRO

customfield "editor" can place the link & image.
BUT not the add to cart if you need it

borro

Quote from: Ghost on March 18, 2016, 18:57:41 PM
A simple custom field plugin where you enter product ID and display that product would work.
Hello and thank you
Are you talking about customfield of type plug-ins and "Additional parameters" setted to "Product specification"? Please explaing how to create it or supply me with a link. I don't know what it is
Wish you happiness!

borro

Quote from: PRO on March 19, 2016, 12:39:29 PM
customfield "editor" can place the link & image.
Hello. Thank you.

What is the customfield "editor"? Where is it placed?
Wish you happiness!

jenkinhill

The editor custom field allows you to place text and images on the product page, and can be added for each product as required. It can be placed wherever there is a position, such as "ontop", or you can create a different position using template overrides.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/212-customfields.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum