News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom fields prices per shopper group

Started by ex3mist, July 29, 2015, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex3mist

Hello,
I'd like to ask if there is a plugin or other sollution of how to set the prices that are displaied for each custom field for which shoper group apply? Example:
There are 2 shopper groups - Group1 and Group 2. The default product prices are $100 for Group1 and $50 for Group2. The product has 3 size variants: S, M and L. I'd like to achieve this:

Group 1Group 2
Size S10050
Size M11055
Size L12060

There is very simple option in Open Cart that allows to choose the price you set for each cart variant for which shopper group applies. Is there similar sollution here?

Thanks!

Studio 42

The only solution i see is to use, generic product variant.
Then you set a price in product for each shopper group
(or you use the calculation rules with shoper groups to apply a discount, but this is harder to modify individual price after)

ex3mist

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 29, 2015, 21:14:39 PM
The only solution i see is to use, generic product variant.
Then you set a price in product for each shopper group
(or you use the calculation rules with shoper groups to apply a discount, but this is harder to modify individual price after)

Hello,
Sorry, but I couldn't understand well what do you mean? I set individual price for each shopper group, but when setting the prices for the sizes, the increment for all the groups are the same. And that's what I don't want - they must be different - the increment for each shopper group.

ex3mist

Ohh, no! I have 5 shopper groups and I have to make 5 child products for each one... That's not a sollution. (If I've got it right.)

What I posted here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=130942.msg451281#msg451281 would help me a lot for this issue too. I was thinking about setting each size twice:

Size S: (default price)
   Size S: (default price)
   Size M: +10
   Size M: +5
   Size L: +20
   Size L: +8

And with CSS to hide all even for one of the groups, or all odd for another. I know this is not very "clever" sollution, but might do the job.

Studio 42

I think, you don't understand how child variant work.
A child is a product, product can have many price (in your case you need price per shopper group)

If you have 5 variants then you need 5 child. not 5 child * N shoppergroups
It's the only offical solution to have different price with variant.

ex3mist

Yes, I got it correct.  ;) That's what I meant too - 5 child products per each one, but if the products are 1000...??? This is what bothers me.

Studio 42

If you need to change price per shoppergroup then you have to do or buy a plugin.
In all case all solution need to rework your shop, with standard customfield, no shoppergroup can set.
Another solution is to hack VIrtuemart, but this is the poorest solution and can give some problem on update.

ex3mist

Hi,
Yes, I try to avoid hacking. But what do you mean by: "standard customfield, no shoppergroup can set"?

ex3mist

Maybe I need a plugin that would allow me to have such an option like it's shown in the attached image. Same option that is available for the Shipment and Payment methods, but for each custom field too.

Studio 42

Hi,

I can do it, if you need my service use ask a question about this product on this page http://shop.st42.fr/en/virtuemart-joomla-support.htm

Greets,
Patrick

ex3mist