News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Notification Pop Ups

Started by LukeVenter, July 25, 2015, 10:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeVenter

Hi There,

I am really struggling to change the notification style of my store.

When, say, the user puts the wrong password in, a small line at the top, hardly noticeable, appears. Is there anyway I can change this to make it more evident that the user has made an error?

See attached image with highlighted area on the top left. I would prefer a notification that pops up or is at least a bit more obvious.

Please help. I'm also not very adept in coding and CSS. I have just built this from the Joomla backend. Using VM3. Joomla 3.

AH

This is really a Joomla templating issue

The message notification area of your template is responsible for the position of this display -

You can change the css for the size/color etc of these messages -

From your image posted - it looks like the message display is above your page header section.
You may want to move the message notification area into a more obvious place within your template, possibly just above the main content something like this:-

<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />

Investigate the css for the messages as well using firebug
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

LukeVenter

Thanks man. I actually have no idea how to operate any CSS at all. So your reply is pretty much a different language to me. I'd be hoping there would be a simple setting.

GJC Web Design

As hutson says this is your JOOMLA template that is at issue here....  there is no setting - it is controlled by the template css and where it is positioned in your template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

LukeVenter

Ok so this is how far i've got (see attached). It's better, but still not clear. It also fades away very quickly. Is there any way to make it like a pop-up that the user needs to say "ok" to continue? I'm learning the basics if editing my CSS files within Joomla so nothing too complicated please. :)

LukeVenter

Oh Yeah! I sorted it out with a plugin called WLI Joom System Messages :) :) :)