News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Thumbnail problem

Started by Estelle75, July 24, 2015, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geppux

lindapowers

This happens to me also since update to 3.0.12 however this issue is only seen the first time you upload additional images. Save the product exit and click in it again and youll see the thumbnails in the backend again.

Geppux

It's not my case, If I exit and re-enter the product the thumbnail still missing.

elleclouds

Quote from: Geppux on December 18, 2015, 16:57:59 PM
It's not my case, If I exit and re-enter the product the thumbnail still missing.

Having this same issue.

Studio 42

Quote from: Geppux on December 18, 2015, 16:57:59 PM
Hi,
I had the same strange problem, but only for some thumbs.
After Upgrade the filename was lowercase all.
Eg before update : "Image.jpg" was after "image.jpg"
So i checked the reported virtuemart image having erroson activating debug message on front and edited each image filename and saved it and all worked.
This work when you have only some image with error, else a little renaming function is needed.

Geppux

I tried to upload images with the name lowercase but I still have the problem.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Geppux

No way! still the same problem...

Studio 42

Try to use only lower case ,number and underscore.
so az01- only,perhaps it's better. I had similar problem because bad chars in image for a customer site.

Geppux

Not working also with everything lowercase. I noticed that if I create a child and then I clone it to create a second child the thumbnails are created for all images...bho!!!  :o

raunhar

Joomla 3.5
VM: 3.0.14
I am also facing this problem. All the folders have reqd permission.
WHen I upload the image, the mail image shows but not the thumbnail. (at the backend also)
I again try Replace Thumbnail. At that time the thumbnail shows up at the backend, but not at front.
After three-four try's does the image and thubmnail show.

Nilsy

J3.5.1
VM3.0.14

Backend thumb points to the correct full size image file, but the actual thumbnail is not generated.
This is only for additional image files.
The primary image file is handled correctly.
The thumb for additional images will be called product.jpg_product, where obviously the _product AFTER the .jpg is not a correct image file extension.

This thumbnail image (backend) IS however generated (corrected) when you view the product detail page in the frontend.
Then it will be suddenly stored to the correct resized folder.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

The Godfather

i still have this issue with joomla 3.5 and virtuemart 3.0.14
is there any solution?!

jenkinhill

It does not need solving. The thumb is not generated from the full size image until it is first required on the product details page of the frontend.

http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/222-different-thumbnail-sizes.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK