Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Thumbnail problem

Started by Estelle75, July 24, 2015, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estelle75

Hello all!!!

VirtueMart 3.0.8 in Joomla 3.4.3

When creating a new product and uploading an image it fails to create its thumbnail. So I use the "replace thumbnail" and I fix the problem.
But when I'm uploading a secondary image product the same thing happens and I cannot use the "replace thumbnail" function because it replaces my main product image.

In Media Files Settings under Configuration all the paths seem correct.

I don't know where else to look.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Studio 42

Hi,
I think you have a folder or file rights.(chmod 666 for eg. or sometime this can be set by ftp)

Estelle75

I have to change the rights to which folder?

I checked the image folders within the virtuemart image folder and they are all 755.
I have full access to write and execute.

Studio 42

Hi,
You have to have a subfolder resized with the correct rights in :
vendor\
product\
manufacturer\
category\

Then check your config YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
TAB templates > Media Files Settings :
Category Media URL    : images/stories/virtuemart/category/
Product Media URL : images/stories/virtuemart/product/
Manufacturer Media URL   : images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
Vendor Media URL : images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/

this is for images\stories\virtuemart as main ftp folder for images(default settings for virtuemart)

Greets

Estelle75

Yes, everything is like you say it is.

The subfolder is there in every folder with 755 rights and the paths in Media Files settings are the virtuemart default paths.

I never moved any folders, renamed or changed paths in config. Still I get no auto generated thumbnails to show.

:(

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 24, 2015, 16:12:35 PM
Hi,
You have to have a subfolder resized with the correct rights in :
vendor\
product\
manufacturer\
category\

Then check your config YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config
TAB templates > Media Files Settings :
Category Media URL    : images/stories/virtuemart/category/
Product Media URL : images/stories/virtuemart/product/
Manufacturer Media URL   : images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
Vendor Media URL : images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/

this is for images\stories\virtuemart as main ftp folder for images(default settings for virtuemart)

Greets

Studio 42

Hi,
A stupid question, do you have checked Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing in TAB templates > Media Files Settings ?

Geppux

Did you solved this problem Estelle? I have the same problem... in front end I see the thumbnail but in the backend no.
Giuseppe

jenkinhill

Do you mean you don't see the thumbs on the Product Images page for each product?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Geppux

This is what I see in the product page in the backend, in the front end I can see normally the thumbs.

GJC Web Design

and when you look at the url to thumb in Admin in Firebug or the source what is it?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Geppux

Actually the link is to a non existing file... the program seem to create the thumb only of the first image in the folder images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized but not of the others... I see the thumb in frontend because the source of the image is the original one and not the resized. Why this behaviour? I'm missing something? this happen only since few days...thank you.
Giuseppe

GJC Web Design

and the url looks like?

and do u have (or have u uploaded ) 4 images for this product?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

musqsim

Well, same here.

Joomla 3.4.5
VM 3.0.12

In aditional images in product view at backoffice, I get error 404 not found, but in front-office, they are there.

Any clues?

Studio 42

Try in medias, to syncrhonise medias and check fro errors.
If you don't seee any error, perhaps you have unset thumbs generation in config.

Geppux

For GJC Web Design: I'v uploaded 4 images and the address is like this http://www.mulligan.it/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/Srixon-Z-545-Driver-10.5-Regular-shaft-specs_190x190.jpg

For Studio 42: the automatic resize is selected. What do you mean with Syncrhonise media?

Thank you.
Giuseppe