How long should an upgrade from virtumart 2.5 to 3 and Joomla! 2.5 to 3 take?

Started by BrennonK, July 22, 2015, 22:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrennonK

I am not a programmer and I forwarded all the instructions off this site to my developer to do the upgrades on my site. Basically updating Joomla! and virtumart as well as migrating 1600 SKUs of data. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for how many labour hours this should roughly take? 10 hours? 20 hours? 30 hours?

jenkinhill

For somebody familiar with Joomla/VM? If template overrides are not used and there are no customs fields takes about 10 minutes to go from VM2 to VM3. If customs are used then depending how complex they are, that can take an hour or two and upwards. No point in updating template overrides (if used) at that stage. Updating J2.5 to J3 takes a lot longer because of the need to alter Joomla template and source any extra extensions that are used. Then VM templates and css can be sorted. Usually takes me less than a working day for the move - but can take longer for more complex sites, and I leave the client to do the final configurations.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BrennonK

Than you for the reply. Hes into it for 30 hours which is starting to make me nervous