News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

the country in Bill To and Ship To sections is always in English

Started by jmoreno, July 21, 2015, 02:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmoreno

Hello, I am using VM 3.0.6 and need to change the read only info of countries according to the language selected. If I select Spanish, then the countries appear in English. Take a look into example.png.

However, when I edit the info, the dropdown field related to the countries shows the countries correctly according to the language.

I have read the forum looking for a solution, but nothing works. I added the es-Es folder with the .ini file with Spanish countries in VM and administrator, and I did a lot of other things, but, again, nothing works.

Thanks for your help.

Studio 42

Hi jmoreno,
Download and check the language file here : http://virtuemart.net/community/translations/virtuemart
if vm-admin-com_virtuemart_countries file is missing in your language then virtuemart use english else download the language pack and install it with Joomla installer.

Greets,
Patrick

jmoreno

Hi Studio 42. Thanks for your post. I did what you said  and I have that table with the countries in English, but I need the cuntries in Spanish. I mean, my webpage must have both English and Spanish. English works fine, but when I choose Spanish, all is translated except the countries.

I could think that I should have another country table like vm-admin-com_virtuemart_countries_es_es, but thats not a good solution.

What else do you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Studio 42

jjk

The country name translations are called from file yourdomain\administrator\language\es-ES.com_virtuemart_countries.ini.
Try to enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug language' in the Joomla configuration, then go to your cart view and check in the debug information at the bottom of the page if the file es-ES.com_virtuemart_countries.ini is loaded. If Joomla debug detects a 'parsing error' in the language file, you would have to correct the typo.

Another possibility is that you are using a third party 'One Page Checkout', which has its own language files or which doesn't load the es-ES.com_virtuemart_countries.ini.
Perhaps disable that OPC temporarily and check if it works with VirtueMart's own OPC.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jmoreno

Margriet

This problem still exists. Dropdown to choose country is ok, but country in cart and in order confirmation and invoice stays in Englisch. VM 3.0.19 and latest language file.