Main Menu

Display order for custom fields in product details page

Started by sandstorm, July 17, 2015, 15:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

I am using;
Virtuemart 3.0.8
Joomla 3.4.3

In Custom Fields, there is drag/drop ordering, but it seems a bit wonky. Upon saving, sometimes it saves OK & other times not.
If I go into each custom field manually and set the order number, this then shows in the back end as being ordered OK,

But in the front end, on a product page showing some String Custom Fields, the ordering is random, even after clearing all site & Browser cache.

Is there a bug/problem with ordering custom fields this way?

If not can anyone point me in the right direction of solving this.

Thanks

Andy
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

jenkinhill

Just tested with VM3.0.10 (current SVN version) and customs can be re-ordered OK.  So maybe update to 3.0.9.4 (the latest public release) and check again?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stresskills

Quote from: sandstorm on July 17, 2015, 15:10:36 PM
I am using;
Virtuemart 3.0.8
Joomla 3.4.3

In Custom Fields, there is drag/drop ordering, but it seems a bit wonky. Upon saving, sometimes it saves OK & other times not.
If I go into each custom field manually and set the order number, this then shows in the back end as being ordered OK,

But in the front end, on a product page showing some String Custom Fields, the ordering is random, even after clearing all site & Browser cache.

Is there a bug/problem with ordering custom fields this way?

If not can anyone point me in the right direction of solving this.

Thanks

Andy

Thank you, I was just doing drag and drop and never worked. I didn't think to manually type and save.
Drag and drop not working for me on
Joomla 3.7
VM VirtueMart 3.2.2
php7
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford