News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Search Module only shows results from one specific category

Started by Niko, July 16, 2015, 13:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

Hey guys.

I have a site with VM 3.0.8 ( I know that is not the latest so please do not tell me to update unless that is last resort, as there is an issue with that too ), and I have a search module displaying on all pages.
When I use the search, it only looks in one category. I know this because after the search is complete, the breadcrumb shows me the category. I have changed all the settings possible in the module, but still the same issue.

I have posted a few screen shots to show what is happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Niko

Sorry to bump, but I have spent the last two days searching this forum and looking up solutions, but there is nothing more to try. The issues listed in the search module I have are not the same as the ones I searched. If I am wrong, I am happy to be wrong.

Thank you.

Studio 42

try to override your layout JOOMLASITE\modules\mod_virtuemart_search\tmpl\default.php and change this line:
<input type="hidden" name="virtuemart_category_id" value="<?php echo $category_id; ?>"/>
to
<input type="hidden" name="virtuemart_category_id" value="0"/>

But check in your html if this is set to 0 or not. Because the way you have set the module this have always to be 0 and the result should never filter the category.
If the input is set to 0 and the category is filtered, then it's a core bug and (yes i know, you don't want update) updating vrituemart can perhaps fix this bug.

Niko

Thank you so much for replying.
Before I read your post, I was just typing a reply to say I figured it out.

I had one category listed in a menu that only showed items from a specific manufacturer. I do not know why this occurs or how it occurs but I turned that off to only show a specific vm category.

It is also perculiar too that for some strange reason that VM Category doesn't exist. It was just a menu item showing a specific manufacturer.

Oh well. Resolved.