News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Pricing Issues

Started by redneckws, July 09, 2015, 21:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneckws

I am trying to create a relatively simple shop. I'm using Joomla 3.4.3 and VirtueMart 3.0.9.
First - I can't get prices to show up on the front end. I put the price in the "Cost Price", then it auto calculates for "Base Price" and "Final Price". I'm not sure how to get it to just charge what I put in "Cost Price" and I can't get ANY price to show up on the front end. In Configuration> Pricing> I have it set to Final Sales Price only as recommended.
Second - To sell both virtual and normal products. Obviously virtual products wouldn't be charged shipping like the normal products. How can I make sure the virtual products aren't being charged shipping?

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Studio 42

Hi,
the trick for virtual products is to set weight to 0 and set 2 times the same shipping method.
For weight 0 set price to 0.
The best is to use Shipment By Weight, ZIP and Countries and set max weight to 0.001

Remember to set weight for your other products or this can be choosen by your customer for real products.

redneckws

Terrific! Thanks so much.

As for the pricing issues, how do I get prices to show up on the front end? I put the price in the "Cost Price", then it auto calculates for "Base Price" and "Final Price". I'm not sure how to get it to just charge what I put in "Cost Price" and I can't get ANY price to show up on the front end. In Configuration> Pricing> I have it set to Final Sales Price only as recommended.

d1hawkins

You have to setup a vendor with and Address

redneckws

When I go to create a vendor, when I go to save it says I must also finish putting in my info as a shopper. Do I put the store info? Name, address, etc.?