Joomla admin template issue after Virtuemart upgrade/installation

Started by driver_wedge, July 07, 2015, 00:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver_wedge

Hi guys...

I recently migrated a site from J2.5 to J3.4 and also upgraded VM at the same time. Apart from a few templating issues on the frontend, the migration seems to have gone fine. However, when VM component is enabled I'm getting a problem with the menu on the Isis template within Joomla backend. See attached screenshot - has anyone experienced anything similar or know how to fix this?

The other admin templates seem to work fine - so does Isis when VM is disabled or uninstalled.

Thanks!

driver_wedge

I guess what would work for me here is to simply remove the Virtuemart menu item from the main menu and then use the VM option within the Components Menu. Can this be easily achieved?

Thanks!!

driver_wedge

Problem sorted.....well, half way anyway! There's a VM Module for the administrator menu - once disabled, it removes VM as a main menu item. Joomla admin template is now perfect and VM works fine via Components Menu. The VM module version is 2.XXX - so my guess is that this should be 3.XXX, but I'm not particularly bothered.

jenkinhill

Never been reported before, so probably a file corruption during installation/updating. Maybe will fix itself if VM3.0.9.4 is reinstallled or with the next update (3.0.10 is on the way).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

driver_wedge

Thanks Kelvyn. I've migrated a similar site previously and didn't encounter this issue, so is probably just one of those things. I've reinstalled VM, but had no joy. Do you know if the VM Administrator Menu version should be 3.xxx rather than 2.xxx?

As things stand, I'm happy enough as the site is functioning ok without having the admin menu item.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum