News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Solved: Pricing Tab - Show Following Prices - Broken [config issue]

Started by duncan12, July 01, 2015, 21:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan12

I have the latest VirtueMart (3.0.9.4 I think) on an up-to-date Joomla 3 installation. I have a vexing problem with my virtuemart installation. All of the extraneous pricing fields are showing up on the product details pages and I can't get them to go away. I've attached a screenshot of my product detail page. You'll see there are 9 extra pricing fields below the main Sales Price field.

I've gone into the VirtueMart configuration, clicked the Pricing Tab and unchecked all fields, rechecked all fields, unchecked them again. They seem to have no effect at all on what shows up on my product detail pages. I've cleared my cache, done a hard refresh, disabled AvaTax... nothing seems to effect those fields. I've attached a screenshot of my config page too.

Am I crazy? This thing is broken, right? How do I get rid of those unwanted price fields?

http://bevaradesign.com.s78299.gridserver.com/index.php/home-decor-bevara/home-decor/throws/chevron-throw-detail

jenkinhill

You are not using the default VM templates so my guess is that the overrides are not correctly programmed to respond to the config options.

Compare the default proces file components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/prices.php with your override file which should be  templates/[yourjoomlatemplate]/html/sublayouts/prices.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

duncan12

Thanks Jenkinhill, but I think you are incorrect. I switched to the Beez 5 template and the problem persisted. The config settings in VM are not being read. There is something very fishy going on here.

duncan12

I think that something has happened to the style sheets. Looking at the code I see that these items are under a vm-nodisplay div. I created a style sheet entry to make these go away.

.vm-nodisplay {
   display: none;
}

This is a weird problem, but I guess I've fixed it.

duncan12

OK I actually figured it out. There is a shopper group which gets to see additional pricing information. I was logged into a shopper group that had all of those fields displayed.

In VM Admin Go into Orders & Shoppers, Shopper Groups. Edit the group settings.