News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

minimal required functions

Started by Meton, June 30, 2015, 21:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meton

Hi guys,

I am currently in the process of building a template for joomla and virtumart and running into some issues.

Could someone tell me what elements / scripts that i need to load in my template in order to make the shop work?

Kind regards,

Meton
(I think jquery is one of the must haves am i right?)
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

jenkinhill

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128401.0

But basically you need the scripts that are enabled in Configuration/Templates/Activate Css Styles & Javascripts
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Meton

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 01, 2015, 00:03:24 AM
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128401.0
I thought it was a very general question. I was expecting an answer like below. This post would be good if it had less red/bold or !! signs in it. It feels as if someone is calling you stupit for not posting the full information.

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 01, 2015, 00:03:24 AM
But basically you need the scripts that are enabled in Configuration/Templates/Activate Css Styles & Javascripts
Thank you
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

AH

Meton

How are you intending to build your template

Manually or using a third party product?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

QuoteI thought it was a very general question. I was expecting an answer like below. This post would be good if it had less red/bold or !! signs in it. It feels as if someone is calling you stupit for not posting the full information.

Sorry Meton, but to ask you for what version you are referring to is totally legitimate ... the re are two current VM major versions available and and 3 different combinations possible with Joomla/VM

How would we know what u plan to use? If you have been browsing the forum you will see a large % of all posts - the 2nd post is us asking what version.. In the stickies we ask you to provide this... 

The red/bold is in Jenkinhill's signature because he is so tired of asking the same question 1000's of time
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Meton

Quote from: GJC Web Design on July 01, 2015, 09:53:14 AM
QuoteI thought it was a very general question. I was expecting an answer like below. This post would be good if it had less red/bold or !! signs in it. It feels as if someone is calling you stupit for not posting the full information.

Sorry Meton, but to ask you for what version you are referring to is totally legitimate ... the re are two current VM major versions available and and 3 different combinations possible with Joomla/VM

How would we know what u plan to use? If you have been browsing the forum you will see a large % of all posts - the 2nd post is us asking what version.. In the stickies we ask you to provide this... 

The red/bold is in Jenkinhill's signature because he is so tired of asking the same question 1000's of time

Hello GJC web design,

The question he is asking is totaly legit i won't dispute that. I was refering how that post is set up, you can see and read the frustration in that post. To be honest that works a bit counterproductive. If i could make a suggestion create a easy to use template that posters can use. Example

-----------------------
Before you post a question on this forum please copy this list in your question. This will help us providing you a accurate answer:

Versions + build:
Joomla:
Virtuemart:
PHP:

Other information:
Website URL:
Template your using:
Page or function your having issues with:

Description of the issue:

---------------------

Above information is easy to re-use and clear for everybudy.

Kind regards,

Meton
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

Meton

Versions + build:
Joomla:            3.4.1
Virtuemart:      3.0.9
PHP:                5.4.24

Other information:
Website URL:        LOCALHOST
Template your using:   Trying to create my own
Page or function your having issues with: Shoppingcard adding products

Description of the issue:
I am creating my own template from scracts and found out that some of the functions do not work. In this example i was runnning into an issue adding items in my cart. It jumped to the cart but it stayed empty. I think i need to load Jquery in my main template and that will solve the cart issue but what elements need to be loaded (minimal) to make virtuemart work?

• jquery
  • css
  • ....?

I am trying to make sure i won't miss anything.

Kind regards,

Meton

Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

Studio 42

Hi,

Why you don't check the template protostar ?
Virtuemart is mainly tested with this template.
If you made a template from scratch you loose time for nothing.
You can copy the template(copy all files or from Joomla back-end copy template) and customize it.

For the Virtemart part, simply copy the javascript or CSS files you need to override in your js or css sub folder.

Greets,
Patrick

Meton

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 01, 2015, 17:54:38 PM
Hi,

Why you don't check the template protostar ?
Virtuemart is mainly tested with this template.
If you made a template from scratch you loose time for nothing.
You can copy the template(copy all files or from Joomla back-end copy template) and customize it.

For the Virtemart part, simply copy the javascript or CSS files you need to override in your js or css sub folder.

Greets,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thx for your reply. 2 reasons,

I want to learn the basics and understand why specific parts are loaded.
In the original template they use bootstrap and other functions like loading variables that i aint familiar with.

By asking for the basics gives me the opportunaty to start and learn by making it more complex step by step.

Kind regards,

Meton

(btw i got my template working, something very silly happend in  my Joomla template.... :-S i deleted the jdoc  "<jdoc:include type="head" />") Oepsie. All works fine now but i am still interested in the details!

Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18