Main Menu

Related products not showing in pop-up

Started by Ruup, June 18, 2015, 15:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruup

VM 3.0.9
Joomla! 3.4.1
Hi,

i have ''Show related items in the pop-up'' turned on in VM configuration, but the related products are not showing.
The related product is showing at the product detail page.
What I am doing wrong?

Gr. Ruup

jenkinhill

They show in the default VirtueMarttemplate on VM3.0.9.4

Are you using template overrides or a commercial Joomla/VM template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ruup

jenkinhill

Then try renaming the folder at templates/YourJoomlaTemplate/html/com_virtuemart  to force the site to use VM's default template set instead, then see if related products are in the modal popup.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ruup

jenkinhill

It does not matter. eg to com_virtuemart2  - the aim is just to prevent the overrides being used and VM will not find the files as it will be looking for com_virtuemart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Ruup

Thank you.
It is showing when i rename that folder.
Does this mean that there is no space for this in my current template?
Gr.

jenkinhill

It means the display code is not added to your template overrides.

You can possibly use the related products code in the default template components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/padded.php  and add it to your template override, which will be at templates/YourJoomlaTemplate/html/com_virtuemart/cart/padded.php

Or ask the template developer for assistance.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK