News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping methods for different shopper groups

Started by ex3mist, June 16, 2015, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex3mist

Hello,

I'd really like if I can get some help with this. First to describe what I'd like to achieve:

I need 2 shipping methods that differ only in the minimum amount for free delivery - one for the Default and Anonymous shopper groups, and one for a new shopper group that I've created - Companies. All the other rules I'm using are the same, exeption makes only the free shipping.

I've made one shipping method "Shipping" for the Default and Anonymous shopper groups, and another for the Companies - "Shipping Companies". In the both methods I set to apply ONLY for those groups - "Shipping" is set to apply only for the Default and Anonymous groups, "Shipping Companies" to apply only for Companies group. (Sorry if I'm too detailed in explanation but to make sure I'm not missing something.)

The result is the following - when I checkout as anonymous, or as a user from the Defauls group, only one method is shown - "Shipping" (as it should be), but when I checkout as a user from Companies group - both methods are shown. Although the method "Shipping" is set to apply only for the Default and Anonymous groups. And this is a major problem because the minimus price for free shiping for the default users is half the minimus price for companies!

And my question of course is: Is there something I'm missing? Some setting in the Settings for the shop, for checkout, for shipping methods, or for the shopper groups. I hope I can have some help for this! Thanks!

Joomla 3.4.1
VM 3.0.7

jenkinhill

Suggest you update your VM first, as that version is insecure. Current latest version is 3.9.4  http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ex3mist

Hello,

I've done what you advised me and updated the extension. Unfortunatelly, this gave no result...

BUT!!!

I continued testing different combinations. And I renamed the group "Companies" I've created to "Companies 2" (just to make sure I won't make a mistake) and disabled it. Insted of this, I used one of the default shopper groups - "Gold Level" and set the shipping settings for it. Gave it the same name - "Companies", set the shopper to this group and... It's working! When I use the shipping settings for the default shopper groups - it works, when I create a new group - it doesn't. So, I guess there is a problem with the newly created groups. Maybe this is a bug or... I don't know.