News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help! Thumbnails have different sizes

Started by VirtueMarky, June 09, 2015, 12:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirtueMarky

Hi,
i realised that after i changed the thumbnail size im VM from 160 x 160 to 200 x 200 not all thumbs have the same size.
I deleted the files in the folder images/stories/virtuemart/products/resized and reloaded.
Result is some of the images are dynamicly resized to 200 x 200 like it is configured in vm and some are dynamicly resized to 160 x 160 like they were before.
I tried it several times to delete the resized images - everytime the same result.

Is there anything i can do to solve this problem?  Thanks

GJC Web Design

Sounds extremely unlikely..  have you cleared ALL browser, joomla and server caches?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

VirtueMarky

Yes i deleted joomla chache and Browser cache, folder resized is empty. If i reload the folder is filled by a mix of 160 x 160px and 200 x 200 px images.
I opened the product in vm and there is the thumbnail linked with the ending 160 x 160.
If i delete this path and save the path of the thumbnail shows: (Default URL) images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/bd001-500x500_200x200.png

But i can not open more than 5k articles to delete the path...

Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks

VirtueMarky

Hi Jenkinhill,

yes there is a larger image in the products folder - its 500 x 500 px and the thumbnail size is 200 x 200 px.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

VirtueMarky

;) Copied but not pasted - SORRY!

Its VM 3.0.9 and Joomla 3.4.1

VirtueMarky

I am searching the whole day without result.. :-(
There must be a reason for this...
How is it possible that the dynamic generation creates two different sizes???

PHP Version is 5.5.0

Greetz

jenkinhill

I have not been able to recreate this at all. tested on VM3.0.9 and (soon to be released) 3.0.9.2
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

VirtueMarky

Hi,

thanks for testing. I need to fix this anyway - do you think it is possible to delete the path of the thumbnails of all products in database so it will recreate with the 200 px from the settings.
Rember: if i delete the path manually and save the product, vm creates a thumb of the correct size.

Greetz