News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Ask a question" pop-up non-functional on iPhone

Started by allamistakeo19, June 02, 2015, 20:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allamistakeo19

Hi,

When clicking on the button "Ask a question about this product," a pop-up window opens, which is quite nice-looking on a large display, but turns out to be completely unusable on a mobile device such as the iPhone, because the pop-up is too small to display all its contents, and it is impossible to scroll through the contents of the pop-up (if you try to, it is the whole page behind that gets scrolled instead).

Can anyone suggest workarounds? Either in order to get the pop-up to work on mobile devices, or to disable it altogether and use a normal webpage instead.

Thanks in advance

VirtueMart 3.0.8
Joomla! 3.4.1

jenkinhill

You can simply deselect "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'" in VM Configuration/Checkout.

Or override the popup template components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/padded.php to show something simple like "Product added to cart" and add some js to fade out the popop after a couple of seconds or so.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

allamistakeo19

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 03, 2015, 11:57:04 AM
You can simply deselect "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'" in VM Configuration/Checkout.

Or override the popup template components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/padded.php to show something simple like "Product added to cart" and add some js to fade out the popop after a couple of seconds or so.

Thanks for your input.

You are talking about the "Add to cart" pop-up, which I have already disabled (as you indicated) because it is buggy on multi-language sites.

The pop-up I am talking about, however, is the "Ask a question" pop-up...

jenkinhill

Ah. I'm sure that can just be rewritten to show the form as a page. Maybe with some js to detect the screen size.  Or maybe resize the popup with screen conditional css.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum