News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM Cart missing after upgrading to VM 3.0.9

Started by marius.germanshepherd, June 02, 2015, 12:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marius.germanshepherd

Hi. Does anyone have suggestions how to fix this? My VM cart doesn't show on the frontend after upgrading from VM 2.6.10 to VM 3.0.9 Thanks in advance.
I'm running Joomla 2.5.28, PHP 5.4.38. I've installed com_virtuemart.3.0.9.zip followed by com_virtuemart.3.0.9_ext_aio.zip Joomla extension manager showed "successful installation" for both. The "continue shopping" works but not the "show cart". It only shows a blank screen with The word "Cart" at the top. My joomla site is running on the Kallyas template, and VM 2.6.10 worked perfect. Any ideas? Thanks, Marius.
website http://apk.co.za/ (works best in Chrome)
Time is precious, waste it wisely

jenkinhill

I believe the Kallyas template uses template overrides for VirtueMart, have you updated those to work with VM3? The templating system for VM3 is greatly improved from VM2, but commercial overrides would need updating.

URL?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

Hello

VM 3 uses sublayouts and a template made for VM2 will not work very well with VM3. You could test to rename the templates/Kallyas/html to templates/Kallyas/html-old. This would inactivate the overrides from Your Kallyas template. And then contact the template supplier for an update.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

marius.germanshepherd

Thank you kindly Kelvyn and Jörgen for excellent advice.

I've restored my website from a cPanel backup and will rather do the Virtuemart upgrade from the current 2.6.10 to 2.6.18, this should still be compatible with the current Kallyas template on Joomla 2.5.28. Upgrading to VM 3.0.9 seems to require an upgrade of my Kallyas Joomla template too. Thanks!
Time is precious, waste it wisely