News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No-SEF urls for categories with sublayout?

Started by Miku, May 28, 2015, 09:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miku

Hi,
I'm using a custom sublayout for products in certain categories. I don't really know if that fact has something to do with that but looking on Google Analytics I see a lot of no-sef urls containing the 'sublayout' text, for example:

- /manufacturer/?categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0
-/manufacturer/?categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0
-/manufacturer/?categorylayout=0&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0

By the way very strange because I'm not using any manufacturers...

I'm not able to reproduce the problem by myself so I'm wondering if this is something related with the Google Analytics or some problem with Virtuemart/Joomla...

J! 3.4.1

jjk

I never saw such an url in my VM shop. But if I type 'productsublayout=0' into Google, the VM shops which show up all seem to have in common that the VM frontpage is not their homepage. Do you have a menu item in your menus which is assigned to 'Virtuemart frontpage' as a menu item type?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Miku

Yes, I do have a menu item (it's a home page) assigned to 'Virtuemart frontpage'. It dawned on me that I also use a custom sublayout for Virtuemart frontpage and maybe that's the reason...? If I remember correctly the 'productsublayout=0" phrase began to appear in the Google not long ago, and not long ago I have changed the 'Sublayouts for products in category' to my custom template...
But why am I not able to reproduce the problem? I have tried to use different browsers and nothing... There're only SEF urls
Quote from: jjk on June 01, 2015, 21:44:09 PM
But if I type 'productsublayout=0' into Google
I did that too. Wow, I haven't realized the issue is so common...

Miku

I think I have found where the problem lies.. There is some conflict between Joomla Breadcrumbs module and the VM categories where we use sublayout override.
So to reproduce the issue click on some entry from the breadcrumbs leading to the VM category which layout has been overridden and you will see the urls like:
categorylayout=categories&showcategory=1&showproducts=0&productsublayout=0

Hope that VM devs will look into this issue soon

J! 3.4.1

Picannick

I got the same problem too! I think it's really bad for SEO!

Specially in combination with the other Cannocical-Link-Bug http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=129099.0

Why nobody try to fix this?

Picannick