News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can you display all products on sale (-x% calculation rule not featured product)

Started by Preno23, May 27, 2015, 15:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preno23

Currently using VirtueMart 2.6.18 on Joomla! 2.5.27 PHP 5.6.2

Sometimes on our website we run "Today all beds 50% off" or "This week only 10% off all bathroom products" ect and I am wondering  is there a way to display all products on sale ie. -x% calculation rule on bed products, on a single page? We have over 1000+ products so manual selecting each product as a feature option and then displaying then on a page would be very time consuming as we would have to check/uncheck each product every time we have a sale.

jenkinhill

Add the products to a discount category - products can exist in more that one cat. Then just display that category on a page. You can set the categories using CSVI if necessary. 

A bit more here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121993.msg417220#msg417220
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Preno23

But would the category not display all the products even if there was no sale on the "special offers" page? Would we have to add and remove the product from the "discount" category each time ?

jenkinhill

The products on sale at discount need to be added to the discount category. You can do each one manually or as I said, use CSVI for quick updates, assuming that all products are already available in csv format so they can be managed by Excel or openoffice etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Preno23

I will go look up how to do quick updates using CSVI  , thank you for your help  Jenkinhill.

Preno23

Sorry Jenkinhill , Is there any links or videos you know of to show me how to  use CSVI for quick updates?

jenkinhill

No idea. I have used CSVI and its earlier versions, CSVimproved for about 10 years.

It would be something like this. Install it, set up an export template for products, and export the csv file. Open it in a suitable spreadsheet, I use OpenOffice.org Calc which I found works better than Excel for csv files, and then the data is easily edited, using search & replace or similar, then import the edited file back into VM.

Export help docs are here:  http://www.csvimproved.com/en/support/export/204-virtuemart
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK