News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What works with what?

Started by randlieb, May 26, 2015, 15:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randlieb

I am considering using Virtuemart for a new project because I am already familiar with Joomla and have other components I want to use besides an online store. I could try another cart system but then I have to open multiple admins to maintain everything, which I don't want to do. So here's the setup I want to work with but don't know if it will all work together seamlessly.

I am running Joomla 3.4.1 and want to install VM 3.
I want to add the Webkul multi vendor Marketplace and their Paypal adaptive payments plugin.
Then I want to add the Parkbeach Systems UPS,USPS and Fedex shipping plugins.
Finally I want to use the Virtueplanet One Page Checkout plugin.
I plan on using one of the templates from virtuemarttemplates.net.

My dilemma is will all these work together. I don't want to shell out the money (which for me is considerable) to buy these components unless I know they will all work together. Is there any way to figure this out? Does anyone have any/all these components working together on a site? I think the main stickler is everything working with the multi vendor Marketplace. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(I posted here because I couldn't figure out the best place to post. If mods need to move this to a more appropriate forum category, just let me know. Thanks)

jenkinhill

I don't know of anyone who has used the Webkul mv system, but there have been no adverse (or [positive) comments here, except for this one:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=125493.msg429732#msg429732
I have only used iStraxx shipping plugins, but shipping plugins from elsewhere should work as the triggers are in VM core..
VP OPC works OK and if it does not sit well with your other extensions then I'm sure Jumbo! can help out.

For templates I'd suggest http://www.virtuemarttemplates.eu for a good flexible template and excellent support - Spiros is a forum member and helps out with VM development.

There is some multi-vendor capability built into VM3.x, I'd be tempted to get it up and running and then thinkl about adding in the Webkul extension.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum