News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiple prices - one stock

Started by zheeka, May 25, 2015, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zheeka

Hello!

Can the following scenario be possible in virtuemart:
I have 100 t-shirts I want to sell, and I offer them with print or without print. Base item is a t-shirt with print, but if you buy at least one, you can order also one without print which is cheaper. I want it to be in the same item page, and they have to deduct sold items from the same stock.
Thanx

balai

zheeka

Sadly that is not the solution, the buyer has to be able to add as many shirts with print and without print as he wants..

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zheeka

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 25, 2015, 11:55:49 AM
Try this  http://awodev.com/

Thanx Jenkinhill, but that's not it either... Maybe I should explain my idea more in depth: I gave the t-shirt example just because nobody answered my previous question that's been on the forum for days, but the logic is the same... and now I need the solution quickly, or at least I need to know if it's even possible to do it with Virtuemart.

I'm selling daily excursions. On my item page I need the possibility to add to cart adult travelers (full price) and children (price with discount). Besides that, possibly the biggest problem, is the fact that adults and children need to have one stock (ex. 50 seats in a bus).

Can this be done?
Thanx!

balai

The viable solution i can think, is a custom field indicating if parent or child formatting the price accordingly.
Now if you want your users to add 2 products in the cart from the product details page, you need some customization to do that

zheeka

Quote from: balai on May 25, 2015, 13:01:58 PM
The viable solution i can think, is a custom field indicating if parent or child formatting the price accordingly.
Now if you want your users to add 2 products in the cart from the product details page, you need some customization to do that

Maybe it will be best to show you what I need with the help of an image. I've attached it to the post. (ignore the "choose your date" field)

balai

Beyond the visual representation you have to think how this will work in the current environment.
So you have 1 product (seats) with stock 50

in each order you want that product to be flagged either as adult or as child, so you need a custom field for that.
Also you need to add 2 products in the cart from the same page, which i think needs some customization.

zheeka

Quote from: balai on May 25, 2015, 17:57:07 PM
Beyond the visual representation you have to think how this will work in the current environment.
So you have 1 product (seats) with stock 50

in each order you want that product to be flagged either as adult or as child, so you need a custom field for that.
Also you need to add 2 products in the cart from the same page, which i think needs some customization.

agreed. Let's try another way - can children have their parents stock?

john-doe

Greetings i'm looking for a similar solution since my client's site is a transportation for travel with similar issue. Selecting for Adults and Children for a same way of transportation