News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Price not showing

Started by dazmillion, May 22, 2015, 17:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazmillion

Hi, I installed VirtueMart 3.0.8 on Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable. The problem is that after creating products the product price is not showing on the front page. I have not messed around with any of the price display tick boxes, but I still cant get product prices to show. Please I need help

archieb

I have this same problem as shown above.
I reviewed all the areas; stock, group, and config, but still can not get the price to show.

Can anyone help with this?

jenkinhill

Have you set a default currency for the store?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

archieb

Yes, I did set the currency to United States Dollars

jenkinhill

Using a commercial template or overrides? If so check using Beez.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

archieb

Could you be specific as to why you think there is a conflict based on the template? I have seen that mentioned in previous posts. Changing the template as was recommended did not effect the outcome. If you would like, I can grant you access to the administrative side of the site if that will help better determine the cause.

jenkinhill

Sorry, I don't do housecalls from the forum.

The reason for checking the template is that commercial override files are not always coded for the current VM version display.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

archieb

We are not using a commercially purchased template for this site. We are using one that was created through a template creator called Artisteer for a 3.+
The site in question is running Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.9. and PHP 5.5.26.

I noticed in your signature block the following message.
Currently using VM3.0.9.4 on Joomla 2.5.28 PHP 5.4.29
Currently testing VM3.0.10 on J3.4.1

Is there a possibly that this is a conflict with the higher versions of Joomla and PHP?
Is anyone running our same configuration that might also be experiencing a similar issue?

AH

Check with a default Joomla template not one you have purchased or created
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

There are a lot of problems that can be caused by using Crapisteer templates as that syatem uses non-standard js and css. Thats why testing with Beez or Protostar is essential.

Some people have reported problems with Joomla 3.4 on PHP5.5.26 but I don't think they were proven.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

mabeall32

OKay I've tried switching to default templates and the prices don't show up on shop side
Joomla 3.4.1, VirtueMart 3.0.9

jenkinhill

Is default currency set for your store? Have you enabled shopper group specific pricing for some reason?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

mabeall32

I finally found a reference to it in one of the other forums and it working now.

Joerg12

Hello,

can you please post the solving here?

Thanx.

Joerg.

d1hawkins

You have to setup a vendor with and Address