News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Image custom field optimization. Virtuemart 3

Started by Popandos, May 20, 2015, 23:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popandos

The problem is that if virtuemart has many medias, adding a several image custom fields cause admin page to completely stuck while reopening current product. I think this happend due to every image custom field loads a whole medias to list and such response runs again and again in count of added custom fields. This problem comes from Virtuemart 2.
This could be fixed in such ways :
1) by adding to a custom filter a filter field by images folder location. By example if i want just add colors for product it is no need to load here a whole list of medias. Just which i load to an indicated folder in site structure.
2) caching of media list. Just load a list of medias once. After adding next image custom field data will be loaded from cache.
Thanks for understanding.

PS: it will be very useful for virtuemart 3 community if virtuemart will be uploaded to github with working git flow. If it will be done i think many enthusiasts will be able to improve virtuemart fast and with benefit by making pull requests. I think virtuemart development suffers of not enough time of main developers, guys(

merseyman

I was wondering if you'd found a solution or workaround for this?
I'm struggling in VM3 with 5k products with multiple images and image custom fields ... the image CF dropdown is grinding to a halt because all images are in the same directory. Being able to specify a different directory (in the image CF?) would be handy.

leplante

Hi,
I have same problem.
I have like 12 image custom fields and it is loading product admin page like 60 seconds ... It is not good workflow
Any idea how to solve it ...

Joomla 3.51
Virtuemart 3.0.14

Thanks a lot
Robin