News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3 Password Validation - Client Side

Started by kaiserdom, May 20, 2015, 16:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiserdom

Hello everyone.

I was building an e-shop site with Joomla 3.4.1, VirtueMart 3.0.9. and PHP 5.5.12 when I ran into bricks wall. The problem is located  to the checkout area. I've set up the VM3 configuration in the way that allows "Not Registered Users" to checkout. And here they come my so-called "bugs":

First of all, the function myValidator(f, r) which is triggered with an onClick event in the "Register And Checkout" button, will not validate the Joomla options for a password of 8 characters long, with at least 1 digit being required. On the contrary, the VM3 registration system allows me to fill in the password with at least 1 character,as soon as this character is the same with password2 and even though it is a white space.

Secondly, if I have all the input fields filled-in but the two passwords fields are uneven, I will receive the following message:
[img=http://s2.postimg.org/af7lpc5xx/Error.jpg]
I must repeat that all the name fields are properly filled-in.

Third and last, I'm wondering why the aforementioned system message isn't alerted in the same page ( com_virtuemart /user/edit_address.php)  in order to give me the opportunity to re-enter the passwords properly but it redirects me to the checkout page. This way I have to click again the "Add/Edit billing address information" button.

kaiserdom

Client-side registration validation still doesn't work. Virtuemart passes wrong class names to userfields and that seems to be the problem. For example, the "Password Field" must have a class of "validate-password" and instead of that VM3 assigns a class of "inputbox". I read in another VM forum post that Joomla 3 validation is embedded in VM3, but I've seen no result till now. 
:(

Milbo

try model userfields around line 869

$req = $_fld->required ? 'required' : '';
$class = 'class="validate-password '.$req.' inputbox"';
$_return['fields'][$_fld->name]['formcode'] = '<input type="password" id="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name . '_field" name="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name .'" '.($_fld->required ? ' class="required"' : ''). ' size="30" '.$class.' />'."\n";
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kaiserdom

Milbo thank you very much for your concern.

Your solution helped me a lot to achieve Client-Side-Validation with the help of HTML5 "pattern" attribute. The lines of code that I added to line 864 of file "mysite\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\userfields.php and gave me the desired effect are cited below:

case 'password':
$myReqAlert1="Password between 8 and 20 characters; must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric digit, and one special character, but cannot contain whitespace!";
        $_return['fields'][$_fld->name]['formcode'] = '<input type="password" title="'.$myReqAlert1.'" pattern="(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[^a-zA-Z0-9])(?!.*\s).{8,20}" id="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name . '_field" name="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name .'" '.($_fld->required ? ' class="required"' : ''). ' size="30" '.$class.' onchange="form.password2.pattern = this.value;" />'."\n";
break;
case 'password2':
$myReqAlert2="Confirmation password must be the same with password above! ";
        $_return['fields'][$_fld->name]['formcode'] = '<input type="password" title="'.$myReqAlert2.'" pattern="(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[^a-zA-Z0-9])(?!.*\s).{8,20}" id="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name . '_field" name="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name .'" '.($_fld->required ? ' class="required"' : ''). ' size="30" '.$class.' />'."\n";
break;

Now the problem is the Server-Side validation which allows (if someone pass through JavaScript) posts with no rules,  as soon as the two passwords are equal.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

kaiserdom

You mean something like that?

case 'password':
case 'password2':
                  $myReqString1="Password between 8 and 20 characters; must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric digit, and one special character, but cannot contain whitespace!";
                  $myReqString2="Confirmation password must be the same with password above! ";
                  $myAlert=($_fld->name=='password')?$myReqString1:$myReqString2;
  $equalPass=($_fld->name=='password')?'onchange="form.password2.pattern = this.value;"':'';
                          $_return['fields'][$_fld->name]['formcode'] = '<input type="password" rel="popover" data-placement="left" data-content="'.$myAlert.'" data-trigger="focus" title="Instructions" pattern="(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[^a-zA-Z0-9])(?!.*\s).{8,20}" id="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name . '_field" name="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name .'" '.($_fld->required ? ' class="required"' : ''). ' size="30" '.$class.' '.$equalPass.' />'."\n";
break;

I've also put the script below in my_template/index.php in order to trigger field popovers:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('[rel=popover]').popover();
    });
</script>
</body>
</html>

Finally I've included a nice image effect through css

#password_field:valid:focus, #password2_field:valid:focus {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("../images/icone16.png") no-repeat scroll 130px -585px;
}

http://postimg.org/image/ml01klgwx/

#password_field:invalid:focus, #password2_field:invalid:focus {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("../images/icone16.png") no-repeat scroll 130px -370px;
}

http://postimg.org/image/lib7hqyd9/

Beware with icone16.png url reference, because I moved the image in folder by preference.
It works fine, but there is no Server-Side validation for password. I believe that I'll give it up and mark this issue as solved.

ftorrado

You just saved my day. I know that the option to register is not the best practice for an online shop, but sometimes a developer has clients that don't care about best practices. It was my case.

Thank you very much for sharing your solution.

Quote from: kaiserdom on June 02, 2015, 17:05:09 PM
You mean something like that?

case 'password':
case 'password2':
                  $myReqString1="Password between 8 and 20 characters; must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one numeric digit, and one special character, but cannot contain whitespace!";
                  $myReqString2="Confirmation password must be the same with password above! ";
                  $myAlert=($_fld->name=='password')?$myReqString1:$myReqString2;
  $equalPass=($_fld->name=='password')?'onchange="form.password2.pattern = this.value;"':'';
                          $_return['fields'][$_fld->name]['formcode'] = '<input type="password" rel="popover" data-placement="left" data-content="'.$myAlert.'" data-trigger="focus" title="Instructions" pattern="(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[^a-zA-Z0-9])(?!.*\s).{8,20}" id="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name . '_field" name="' . $_prefix.$_fld->name .'" '.($_fld->required ? ' class="required"' : ''). ' size="30" '.$class.' '.$equalPass.' />'."\n";
break;

I've also put the script below in my_template/index.php in order to trigger field popovers:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('[rel=popover]').popover();
    });
</script>
</body>
</html>

Finally I've included a nice image effect through css

#password_field:valid:focus, #password2_field:valid:focus {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("../images/icone16.png") no-repeat scroll 130px -585px;
}

http://postimg.org/image/ml01klgwx/

#password_field:invalid:focus, #password2_field:invalid:focus {
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("../images/icone16.png") no-repeat scroll 130px -370px;
}

http://postimg.org/image/lib7hqyd9/

Beware with icone16.png url reference, because I moved the image in folder by preference.
It works fine, but there is no Server-Side validation for password. I believe that I'll give it up and mark this issue as solved.

Milbo

Interesting to see this old post. We may add that.

The clienside validation would be here user model line 1157   public function validateUserData(&$data,$type='BT',$showInfo = false)