Do Virtuemart users using PayPal need to worry about the new PayPal updates?

Started by kakenx, May 20, 2015, 04:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kakenx

Hi All, I'm using Joomla 3.4.1 and VirtueMart 3. Just got a message from PayPal about them upgrading their systems, so do we need to worry about this? Here's the message:

QuoteWe're contacting our merchants with some important information in response to an industry-wide security upgrade which is not unique to PayPal. This change involves upgrading Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates over the course of 2015 and 2016.

Because these changes are technical in nature, we advise that you consult with your partner, website vendor, or individuals responsible for your PayPal integration. They will be able to identify what, if any, changes are needed. If you do not have a technology team, we recommend you find one, and we can work with them to ensure you continue to process payments through your current integration with PayPal.

Thanks,

K

innato

I guess you didn't get an answer from VM because you did not mention your VM/Joomla!/PHP versions...
Anyway, if this helps, I am on VM 3.0.16 with J3.6.0 and PHP 5.6. I have exactly the same question: do I need to worry that my VM will stop working?
Regards
Rob

VM3.2.6 (enhanced) on J3.8.8 and PHP 7.1 or 7.2

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations