News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product variants with different prices but common stock?

Started by allamistakeo19, May 18, 2015, 21:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allamistakeo19

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple variants of a product with different prices, but still a common stock?

Example: Product P exists in two variants:

• Variant P1 costs 10
  • Variant P2 costs 15
but P1 and P2 are linked to the same product stock: when I order P1, it also reduces the stock of P2.

I have tried using a custom field of type "Generic child variant," but then the child gets its own stock, which is not what I want.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

balai

Why not simple custom fields?
You will have only 1 product and the user will just select a variant

allamistakeo19

Quote from: balai on May 19, 2015, 10:01:11 AM
Why not simple custom fields?
You will have only 1 product and the user will just select a variant

Why not indeed, but then I need to be able to define the price of the product as a function of the value of the simple custom field. This is what I don't know how to achieve.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

allamistakeo19

Quote from: Hutson on May 19, 2015, 20:05:35 PM
Maybe this might help
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127362.0

This definitely helps, thanks a lot for the pointer.
I've given it a try, and it seems to achieve what I need, with one exception: it apparently isn't multilingual, which unfortunately is a must in my case...

AH

See my post on the plugin page
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

allamistakeo19

Quote from: Hutson on May 20, 2015, 10:19:37 AM
See my post on the plugin page

Indeed, using language overrides is the straightforward solution, even though it is not yet fully supported by the plugin. See my response to your post in the other thread for a patch to the plugin that makes it fully multilingual.