News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

New VirtueMart on new Joomla Site with errors

Started by redneckws, May 15, 2015, 22:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneckws

I haven't added anything to my website - no extensions, no nothing. I tried to add VirtueMart and now I get this error on admin side
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::getJSObject() in .../public_html/newsite/libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php on line 476
Any ideas? I've even wiped everything cleaned and tried again and same thing happens

jenkinhill

That error is not from VirtueMart. What are the Joomla/VM versions? Is this a new Joomla site or an update of an older one?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

redneckws

This is a brand new site. Joomla 3.4.1 and VirtueMart 3.0.9

jenkinhill

The only time this error has been reported for VM is https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=124736.0

Lets get this straight. You did a brand new vanilla install of Joomla 3.4.1 - manually with the download from Joomla.org or using an automated install on your server or a Joomla quickstart package (in which case which one)?

Then you installed VM3.0.9 using the two components from a com_virtuemart.3.0.9_extract_first.zip package, first the main component followed by the aio component?

Did you install VM sample data , and did you also install the TCPDF component, com_tcpdf_1.0.0.zip 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

redneckws

I used Quick Install from CPanel to install Joomla. Then I installed the VirtueMart package (latest stable one) from the website. That was the only package I installed with absolutely no other extensions or anything. I didn't touch Joomla before I installed VirtueMart, just installed Joomla, logged in, installed VirtueMart, then the error came up, not able to get into admin anymore.

jenkinhill

OK, could be a problem with the quick installer.  You should install Joomla the manual way (I only ever do this) and then install VM.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

redneckws

So I did the manual installation, but I can't even get to admin, I get this error Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in .....administrator/components/com_login/controller.php on line 36

jenkinhill

You can't even install Joomla? What sort of server is this?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

redneckws

That was with installing Joomla manually. I'm with HostGator. Any other ideas?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

redneckws

I deleted everything and tried again and it worked. Now I'm back to the original error when I install VirtueMart. Is there something with Joomla 3.4.1 and the latest VirtueMart?
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JHtml::getJSObject() in ....libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php on line 476

jenkinhill

Nope. You are the only one to have reported this here. 

I have seen this error reported with VM just once elsewhere, and the problem there was that somebody was trying to install a VirtueMart 2 version onto Joomla 3 instead of using VirtueMart 3. Elsewhere it has been reported as a problem with some joomla templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK