News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't add more than 30 Child Products

Started by 9dotbox, May 15, 2015, 21:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9dotbox

Joomla v3.4.1
VM v3.0.08

If I open a parent to edit it after I have added 30 child products, then click save, it goes to Virtuemart Dashboard and edits are NOT saved. I discovered this after creating 30 child products using Stockable Custom Fields plugin to add variants to the parent. When I went to create the 31st custom field, saving resulted in returning to the dashboard and 31st child was not created. It doesn't matter what I try to edit on the parent after it has 30 children, clicking save always results in returning to the dashboard without actually saving.

I have searched the forum for anyone with the same issue. I've seen suggestions about increasing the memory limit in php.ini, but this had no effect. I was able to get the remaining child products (total of 72) uploaded using CSV Improved, but if I ever need to make a change to the parent, I cannot without going through CSVI again.

Since I can get around this pretty easily with CSVI, this is a minor annoyance, but I'm concerned that this may cause other issues down the road if the root cause is not fixed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kieron13

Any solution for this topic? I have the same problem and i have no idea what's happening

Studio 42

You have a hidden config value maxChilds
in file JOOMLAROOT/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg
see https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/206-hidden-configurations.html
In this file, set/add for eg.
maxChilds=100
This should solve the problem