News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2 different registration forms?

Started by rayge, May 15, 2015, 01:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayge

I want to add a registration form for wholesale users and when signed up they are assigned to that shopper group / user group. is this possible?

any help would be appreciated!!!

I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

jenkinhill

You could add a shopper field such as "Are you a wholesaler" and assign to a shopper group based on that response, which would need coding. But how do you ensure they are really wholesalers?

Where a site is available to wholesale & public I use a standard form to be completed by the "wholesaler" which is sent to the store owner. The form usually requires business information such as company number and bank details. This is important because most wholesalers here would have a monthly account.

If the application is approved the user is added by the store owner to the backend and the shopper  group assigned.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

rayge

jenkinhill That's what i suggested to the client but they didn't want to handle it manually LOL.
GJC Web Design I saw that yesterday and was contemplating it. I can created a field called taxid and people who fill that out would become a wholesaler. Anyone who is a wholesaler has a Minimum number or product they have to purchase in order to checkout which isn't usually feasible to a regular shopper :)
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9