News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order left pending?

Started by alinajenon, May 13, 2015, 21:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alinajenon

Hi,

When we receive orders on our website, the status is left "Pending" even though the payment has gone through. As a result, we do not receive emails automaticaly when we get an order to notify us. For some reason the status used to say "Confirmed" when someone placed an order, and we were getting the email notifications.

How do I change the settings so a paid order automatically says "Confirmed" instead of "Pending".

Thank you!
Alina

Joomla 2.5.27
VM: 2.6.10

John2400

Hi,

For other to helps with this you will have to let them know what payment option you use?

alinajenon

Sure, I am using PayPal Payment Pro for taking credit card transactions and PayPal Standard for PayPal payments. The pending status happens for both Credit Card and PayPal transactions currently... However, as of a week ago, the status' auto changed to confirmed. Hmmm. Stumped.

Attached is a screenshot of the settings for both PayPal Pro and PayPal Standard.

Thanks!

alinajenon

It just tested checked logged in using paypal and logged in using a CC, then as a guest with paypal and as a guest with a cc... it appears checking out using PayPal does change the status to "confirmed", but using a cc leaves the status Pending.

alinajenon

Oh man, could really use some help on this one. Are there any other resources besides VirtueMart Forum for individuals who are novices to talk with or even hire someone who knows the ropes well? I've got a good developer who helps me, but this is his first time with VirtueMart, so it takes him awhile to get his head into even some of these more basic issues.

Thanks!

GJC Web Design

the paypal plugin has full logging - have you tried it?

Have you checked the Paypal ipn history to see if the ipn is returned and accepted?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

alinajenon

Thanks for responding, GJC, I have never done that but will see what I can do to look into it. Appreciate the tip... will re-post anything I can find out.

alinajenon

The only !PN transactions that show up in the IPN History appear to be ones that are paypal fund payments vs credit card payments. Any thoughts on how to proceed from here? Thank you!