News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Edit shopper details in administrator: asks for password

Started by yako, May 12, 2015, 16:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yako

Hello

My VM version: 2.6.16.

I've looked in the forum and can't find an answer.

The problem: when changing a shopper's shopper group in VM's backend and saving, I get the error "Please fill out the required fields, you may take a look on the tab Shopper Information" and the "Password" and "Confirm password" fields are highlighted. The only workaround would be to assign a new password to that shopper, since I don't know his current password, but this would be obviously a bad solution. And I really need to be able to change some shoppers' groups in order to offer them special discounts.

I'm sure I'm missing something and I've looked everywhere but for the life of me I can't find out what it is.

So... Please, help!

Thanks

Yako

jjk

I think that happens when a shopper registered using the default Joomla registration form, which for example doesn't ask to enter the address. If you are logged in as a super administrator, you can probably change the shopper group after adding the missing shopper's address information and click on 'Save' (leave the password fields empty).

Suggestion: Unpublish the Joomla registration. It's not really needed for a shop. Shoppers can use the VM registration in the cart view.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

yako

Thanks for your reply, jjk

I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. I set "Allow user registration" to "No" in Joomla's User Manager options and created a new user from the frontend using VM's registration. After that, I went to my administrator and tried to assign a shopper group to the newly created user. I got a message alerting "Please fill out the required fields, you may take a look on the tab Shopper Information".

I'm attaching a screen cap: all mandatory fields have a value except for the "Password" and "Confirm password" fields.

So... Is this normal in VM? Is there a way to edit a shopper without entering a password (in most cases vendors won't know their shoppers' passwords).

Yako

yako

Nevermind, it was a silly error of mine.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help!

Yako

FW

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same error, as administrator I can edit shopper's information but can't save because of empty password field.

Could you please share what fixed it in your case, maybe I have the same error.

Has anybody else seen that error or any idea what could be causing that.

Thank you,
FW

J! 3.4.3, VM 3.0.9.4

rockerman6

I am also having this problem.

For instance, I would like to reassign my shoppers into a different group after they register. Now I will not be able to do this without changing their passwords. It's possible this is a simple fix, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,
Bryan

(I'm using VM 2.6.18 with only 1 Super Admin, which has correctly been assigned as the Vendor)

rockerman6

*Bump* If anyone has any insight on what could be the problem, then you will help me get over the final hurdle to launching my site.

Thanks!