Main Menu

"Could not send a message to ," on checkout

Started by allamistakeo19, May 10, 2015, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allamistakeo19

Hi,

Whenever I check out a product, I get the following warning message:

QuoteNotice
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Could not send a message to ,

As an admin, I then do receive an email in which the name of the shopper is also missing.

It all looks like VirtueMart fails to retrieve the name and email address of the shopper. How can I fix this?

Things I have already checked/attempted:

• Checked that exactly one of the shoppers is marked as a vendor by temporarily enabling the multi-vendor mode
  • In PHPMyAdmin, I noticed that the table virtuemart_vendor_users was empty, so I manually adding an entry for my selected vendor
  • In the backend, in the list of shoppers, all shoppers have an email address
  • I have a vendor contact form, and it successfully sends emails
  • Only registered users can checkout, and I am logged in as a registered user

What could I be missing?

This is VirtueMart 3.0.6.2 running on Joomla! 3.4.1.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

GJC Web Design

what does the vm admin->shop->shop->shopper info tab say for email?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

allamistakeo19

In the backend, when I log in as an admin user and go to vm admin -> shop -> shop -> shopper info, in the section "Additional information" I can see the email address of the logged in admin user.

In the frontend, when I log in as a lambda user and I display my shopping cart, the "email" field correctly displays the shopper's email address.

GJC Web Design

I think the message

Notice
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Could not send a message to ,

is coming from the core joomla php mailer so u need to troubleshoot why the email address isn't reaching it

start perhaps in the vm helpers/shopfunctionsF.php where all the email stuff for VM is handled

or try an update to the latest 3.0.9 with all the normal warnings
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

allamistakeo19

It took a few hours of debugging, but I found the problem. From my point of view, it's a bug in VirtueMart.

Basically, you will systematically get the warning if the emailaddress shopper field is not configured to be shown in the cart form.

This is confusing, because when I configure it to be shown, it automatically inherits its value from the user's email address, so I would expect that the user's email address will be used, even if the field is not shown; but this is not the case. You HAVE to show the field in the cart form, otherwise VirtueMart will not set any email address for the order, and will display the warning message.

rfilgueiras

How can i show the emailaddress shopper field in the cart form?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

allamistakeo19

Quote from: rfilgueiras on May 14, 2015, 14:58:00 PM
How can i show the emailaddress shopper field in the cart form?

vm Configuration > Shopper Fields > email > Show in cart form